Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

Oops. Now I understand better! This is a change needed in BWAlarm to support the timer function in your panel!

Now it is more clear!

One other alarm panel (arming/disarming) function that is not present is the “override” function from BWAlarm. With that system, if something is open, then when you try to arm it throws a warning. You can cancel or “override”. Override will then ignore the open sensors and arm, but if/when those sensors close they become armed as well. We generally will not leave with something open (winds are unpredictable), but often the door is already open when we are setting the alarm. I suspect though that this is a rather large change and better to wait for BWAlarm new front panel.

Thanks
Chuck

Yes, the bwalarm’s approach to that was nicer. With my card, and using the manual alarm instead of bwalarm, it simply allows you to arm even with open sensors. I didn’t see a good way of implementing the warning/override thing with the manual alarm.
-John

OK, thanks!

On BWAlarm with your card, if something is open it will not arm.

But that is fine, we just need to be sure it is “ready” before arming, or we can arm once in the car with our phone or tablet.

Thanks again for helping out with these features and interactions with BWAlarm.

Chuck

yes please as it’s easier to keep track of things.
and thanks for your effort mate!

I tested John’s lovelace card with the proposed changes, and it does make the countdown work. This is a decent solution as a temporary while BWAlarm card is rebuilt. I combine it in a vertical stack with an entity filter card which only shows sensors that are “tripped”, so I can see at a glance what is open and preventing setting the alarm.

1 Like

Thanks @AhmadK. I sent the pull request.

Thanks for confirming, @ceandra . That’s just how I use it too, as in this screenshot:

So are Johns’s changes and Lovelace card being incorporated into the main branch or a new fork? Sorry still learning github how works and not sure what a pull means.

Not sure if this has been posted, but I’m seeing this in my log.

No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘bwalarm’. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of ‘bwalarm’

There is an open issue here as far as I get it right.
Will deal with it soon as it doesn’t look like a big job.

1 Like

Is this being brought back to life? I’m still running so it would indeed be nice if it was updated, if not - what’s the best alternative?

I’m still using it too. If it isn’t broken, no need to update it.

The alternative which I am looking into is Alarmo

The panel part is not functional and needs to be rewritten completely, that’s the main issue.
And yes, I’m going to fix an issue with manifest key soon but it only affects users with current HA.

with bwalarm I have code to be able to disarm the wings but now I give it to disarm and disarm the alarm without the code, how can I make it ask for it, since in the resources file if I have to ask for code

You probably already know, but this happens after the latest update 2021.5.0.

No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration 'bwalarm'. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of 'bwalarm'

Was working in 2021.4.6

No, it wasn’t. This problem has existed since 2021.3.0

See the solution here: No version key · Issue #129 · akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm · GitHub

Oh, I’m sorry, I just haven’t seen it in my logs then :disappointed_relieved:

@AhmadK
In the logs I see this:

No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘bwalarm’. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of ‘bwalarm’

were you aware?

Yes he’s aware. See: No version key · Issue #129 · akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm · GitHub

A new release that fixes that “No version key” issue is available for anyone running HA 2021.3.0 or newer.

Sorry for the delay. I cannot test it as my HA is older so please open a new issue on GitHub if something is not working.

2 Likes