Can not pair Aqara Temp. Sensors with Sonoff Zigbee coordinator

Hello everyone,

because of connectivity and range issues on my zigbee network i switched from the CC2531 to the Sonoff Zigbee Coordinator Stick. (using zigbee2mqtt)

Coordinator firmware version: ‘{“meta”:{“maintrel”:1,“majorrel”:2,“minorrel”:7,“product”:1,“revision”:20211217,“transportrev”:2},“type”:“zStack3x0”}’ (newst)

While i was able to reconnect all my Zigbee devices (Aqara Door sensors, Hue Lights, ikea Repeater, Aqara Buttons and Sonoff Motion Sesor) i can not pair the Aqara Temperature Seosors.

I have 5 of them and none of them is recognozed in the pairing process.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there maybe a workaround?

I tried:

• replacing battery
  • removing and reinserting batateries
  • repeadetly pressing the pairing button (every 3 or 5 seconds)
  • performed the actions right next to the stick
  • i also briefly tried ZHA but it did not work either

Thanks

1 Like

What’s your zigbee2msqtt log say if you kick it to debug mode and watch while you are attempting the join?

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
The log is not showing any activity when holding the button on the temperature sensor.
The sensor blinks blue 3-4 times and stops. (after holding the button for about 10 sec)

Repeated press the button for a minute or so. They probably go to sleep before successful pairing.

Just tried this. There is no activity on the sensor after the 3-4 blinks after 10 sec.

Is there someone else with the Sonoff Zigbee Stick and Aqara Temp & Humidity sensor who can confirm or deny this issue?

1 Like

Have you tried to stop the Z2M addon, unplug the sonoff coordinator, reconnect it, restart Z2M, and try pairing?

just tried that, no luck unfortunately. It is like the aqara sensors don’t exist - no logs no other life signs :confused:

Works for me. Which model sensor do you have, specifically? I have a few of these: Aqara WSDCGQ11LM control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT

FWIW, I’m using the 20220219 firmware on my Sonoff dongle.

Yes, its the sensor you linked - i have like 5 of those, so its not like the sensor is broken, i even opened a “fresh” one just to test a sensor which was never paired before.
My Firmware is a bit older than yours, i checked the changenotes and did not see anything of relevance to this issue, but i will update it just to make sure.
Just out of curiosoty, did you have the sensor working with the older firmware or have you just tried it with the new one?

I only recently got this Sonoff dongle so only been using the newer firmware.

One issue that keeps popping up with the Sonoff dongle is that it can be highly susceptible to interference, especially if it’s plugged into a USB3 port. A common solution is to use a USB extension lead (50cm minimum) and plug it into a USB2 port if possible.

Thanks for the tip, its already plugged into a USB2 port and is connected with an extension cable since the dongle ist to thick to connect directly, ill try the new firmware next

Using these sensors with the Sonoff. No issues at all. ZHA though…

One question, do you only have the sonoff coordinator, or even routers (light bulbs, switches …) and have you modified them? I ask you because the xiaomi / aqara devices have the bad habit of reconnecting only to the usual point and to connect it to a nearest point you have to delete it and follow the procedure indicating the coordinator / router!

I have an Ikea repater and a few Hue light bulbs. I disconnected the Repeater and was nowhere near of one of the hue lights.
I flashed the new firmware on to the dongle (20220219) but still no luck pairing this specific type of device - literary every other zigbee device i own (Aqara Door sensors, Hue Lights, ikea Repeater, Aqara Buttons and Sonoff Motion Sesor) had no trouble pairing except these bad boys.

Is it possible that there is still some configuration left of the old dongle (CC2531) to which the sensors were connected and thats what makes the pairing fail? Where should i look?

I moved my Aqara sensors between different coordinators multiple times and never had issues with them.

I am having the same issues with both the H&T sensor and also the door/window sensors. Did you get this resolved?

Unfortunately Not, but the Window contacts do Work for me, Just the H&T wont

I got mine working by installing and using zigbee2mqtt instead. I found out my zigbee 3.0 stick is the new “E” version and seems to have issues with some devices using ZHA. I stumbled upon this while trying to upgrade the firmware and couldn’t because the “E” version has a completely different chipset and will not work with the firmware that is available for the older models.

Hi, had the same issue. I am using a Sonoff Zigbee stick and got the hint to move it away from my PI4 and other antenna. Bought a 2m USB extension and was able to pair my aqara temp sensor.
Hope that will solve your issue, too!
BJ

where can I see whether I have the E Version?