Can’t access HA Yellow. Please help

I have an automation set up to notify me when there are HA updates (I forget the name of the blueprint). I get the notifications on my phone, and typically just tell it to update and move on. Over the weekend, I noticed I was getting a lot of these notifications. After the third one or so, I paid attention to what it was actually telling me to update. It was at that point that I noticed it was repeatedly telling me about the same update. Clearly, it wasn’t actually updating. I was out of town for the weekend, so I told HA to skip that update via the iOS app. While I was there, I saw I had an update to a HACS app (Alarmo). I updated that, and then restarted HA. When I got back into town today, I noticed nothing was responding. It was then that I noticed I couldn’t access Home Assistant from either the iOS app or via the web interface. I tried manually power cycling my Home Assistant Yellow, but that didn’t change anything. I confirmed the Yellow is still showing up on my network (via the router interface). I can’t access HA via the IP address either. The yellow light on the box is flashing rhythmically (two flashes, pause, two flashes, etc…), which I believe is supposed to mean HA is running. Basically, I’m at a loss of what to do from here.

Restore a backup prior to your update.

I’d love to do that, but I don’t know how if I can’t access the interface.

1. Factory reset
  2. Restore backup (from backup that was stored separate from HA Yellow device).

So if I didn’t store my backup on a separate device, which I clearly didn’t, then I’m out of options (short of starting over from scratch)?

If you can’t SSH into the yellow or get to the HA command line (serial console?), than I do not know another way.

Does your yellow have it’s ip reserved via your router? Maybe check the ip the router assigned to see if it’s been given a different ip by dhcp?

Great idea!

Fortunately I don’t have this issue (now) with my Yellow Box, but just in case this ever happens, how do I perform a factory reset.

BTW I have backups on both HA and in Google Drive.

Will a restore, after a factory reset, bring back all Zwave and Zigbee devices ?

Resetting a device – Home Assistant Yellow.

1 Like

Thanks for this link

Will a restore, after a factory reset, bring back all Zwave and Zigbee devices ?

Let’s not hijack the OP’s thread here - create a new topic.

1 Like