Cannot change the sensitivity or detection interval on Aqara motion sensor P1

Hi
New to home automation, loving it so far. I’m stuck trying to change the sensitivity and detection interval on my Aqara P1. When I try, nothing happens. Whan I refresh my browser, it reverts to medium and 30 seconds. I’ve tried locating the config file for ZHA but cant find it, so now I’m turning to you guys for help.

I’m on a rasp 4 with a ConBee II using ZHA.

Any suggestion appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

What firmware do you have on the conbee 2? You need at least * Conbee II: 0x26720700 according to Xiaomi RTCGQ14LM control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT

Did you ever get this sorted properly? I have upgraded to the latest firmware (0x26780700) and I can change the timeout but not the sensitivity or the motion trigger indicators.

Curious on this as well.

Curious on what?

How are you integrating the device? Zigbee2MQTT? ZHA?

What stick? Conbee 2? TI? Silicon Labs?

What firmware on the stick? Minimums are on the page I pointed to above.

Was curious about the OP’s inability to change sensor settings, which he outlines in his opening post. (Missed your first response initially.) Solution to why I was encountering the issue here, though may be separate to the reason why OP is having problems.

2 Likes

Sorry, thought I had email subscribed to the thread, but apparently not. It is with ZHA/Conbee 2. This is my first battery powered device and I didn’t realise I had to wake it up.

Thank you - pressing the button prior to making the change worked for me!

Yes, i have the same problem. HA with ZHA Sky Connect and 3 Aqara P1 in my house. You can configure the P1 Motion sensor only when you do the pairing. After it Home Assistant bring lots of error messages and a setting (e.g. sensivity) isnt possbile to change.

Is there any solution for this problem?