Cannot connect to host core-zwave-js:3000 ssl:default

Been running Zwave JS for quite some time now but this week it seems to have fallen over.

Any idea what is causing it? I am using a Razberry Pi Hat for my Zwave.

Failed to connect: Cannot connect to host core-zwave-js:3000 ssl:default [Connect call failed (‘172.30.33.4’, 3000)]

Updating samsungtv media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10

4:16:21 PM – (WARNING) Media player - message first occurred at 4:15:55 PM and shows up 5 times

Can’t read add-on info:

4:15:55 PM – (ERROR) Home Assistant Supervisor

Timeout on /supervisor/stats request

4:15:55 PM – (ERROR) Home Assistant Supervisor - message first occurred at 4:15:25 PM and shows up 3 times

Failed to to call /supervisor/stats -

4:15:25 PM – (ERROR) Home Assistant Supervisor - message first occurred at 4:15:25 PM and shows up 2 times

Config entry ‘Z-Wave JS’ for zwave_js integration not ready yet: Cannot connect to host core-zwave-js:3000 ssl:default [Connect call failed (‘172.30.33.4’, 3000)]; Retrying in background

4:15:03 PM – (WARNING) config_entries.py

Failed to connect: Cannot connect to host core-zwave-js:3000 ssl:default [Connect call failed (‘172.30.33.4’, 3000)]

4:15:03 PM – (ERROR) Z-Wave JS

Setup of hassio is taking over 10 seconds.

4:14:47 PM – (WARNING) /usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/events.py

1 Like

Update addon?
Reboot server?

In general make sure zwavejs is running and available to connect

Completed all updates.

Rebooted server. Tried disconnecting the Hat, restarting the server, reconnecting hat then rebooting again. Still no change

Try going into the config in the add-on and select the device. You may see 2, if you do select the other one and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks Neal.

There are two but the second looks like my Zigbee stick.

For the sake of it, I tried selecting it, restarting the Add on, then restarting Core. No change. So I went back and changed back to the original device and restarted again.

No change

Interesting. I have a different layout.

Think thats cause I had the optional stuff turned off.

What version of the Z-Wave JS are you using?

I’m at a loss… sorry! I use a USB stick so it maybe something with the HAT.

Maybe. Thanks for your help.

Figured it out.

The last update must have over written the /boot/config.txt file. It deleted a line that had been added to enable the HAT. This rendered the HAT inoperable.

Thanks again for your help

I had the same issue - I was able to fix it by choosing the device from the drop-down in the Z-Wave JS Add-on configuration. It was unset for me after the update (I did not check if if was set before the update). My update path was 0.1.50 → 0.1.51.

Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue

1 Like

had the same problem started with a aeotec sensor 6 falling off ,
in the end had to reinstall zwave js and zwave 2 mqtt , 8 hrs later still waiting to get my locks and remotec back but the sensor6 is back …

Fix for me was selecting the “emulate hardware” checkbox.

I just started to see this error message (Failed to connect: Cannot connect to host core-zwave-js:3000 ssl:default [Connect call failed (‘172.30.33.0’, 3000)]) when I upgraded HA from 2022.5.5 to 2022.6 so all my Zwave devices are unavailable. My Zwave-JS is at 0.1.60 which seems to be the latest. The device selected in the Zwave configuration is /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_Husbz_Smart_Home_Controller_41500EAD-if00-port0. There is a port1 device in the list also but I think that is the Zigbee; I tried changing it to port1 but it wouldn’t stay selected after restarting. I am running in a VM environment; my ZWave/HA had been working fine for well over a year. I have rebooted the host PC with no improvement. Any suggestions?

I’m having this same issue, started yesterday. Trying to see if your fix is what I need, what line needs to be back in that /boot/config.txt file?

I am having the same error since this moring.
Seems to have come after the 2022.6.5 core update

Did you find a solution to the problem? For me it started approx 24 hours after I upgraded to 2022.6.6. Updated zwave_is to 0.1.61, but that didn’t fix it.