Cannot get Themes to load

Updated to 0.49 this morning and was pleased to see that themes had been added, however, I cannot get them to load under developer options.

Have my config YAML as below, can see the frontend options of “reload_themes” and “set_theme” but the 2 colours I have configured do not show

frontend:
  themes:
    green:
      primary-color: green
    blue:
      primary-color: blue

Any ideas how to get this working ?

in services {“name”:“happy”}

the Service data in your case would be

{"name":"green"}

Thank you, that sorted it :slight_smile:

Took me a cache clearing as well as a restart of HA after upgrading before I could see the new frontend service listed in the services panel. Just thought I’d add that in case anyone else has the same issue.

I restarted HA several times, as well as cleared my cache in Chrome, but it still doesn’t seem to help :frowning:
I can see the API responses in the dev-tools, and the get_services result doesn’t include the frontend service at all…

EDIT: Derp, for some reason I removed the Themes options from my config again, after adding it again it works :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The theme function is working for me, however, every time I reboot the home assistant, the theme is lost and I have to set it again. Is there any way to set it permanent? Besides that, is it possible to set a accent color? I use the material colors guideline as a refrence: https://material.io/guidelines/style/color.html#color-color-system

Try deleting your cache; sometimes mine goes to the default for a split second but then changes as HA loads in the browser.

There’s a list of what you can set in the top portion of the ha style file:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-polymer/blob/master/src/resources/ha-style.html

I have a similar issue… I’m not able to make a script for different themes… I don’t understand why… anyone have successfully make a script and can share it?

Did you find any solution to set a theme as default?

Maybe its possible with an automation that will be triggered when Home-Assistant starts.

- id: Set_Theme
 alias: Theme
 trigger:
 - platform: homeassistant
   event: start
 action:
 - service: frontend.set_theme

But I don’t know how to call the service.

Daranto

1 Like

I have the same problem here, added the themes example like above with green and blue in the configuration.yaml, as a beginner watched carefully for spaces etc. (checked configuration). I rebooted the HA but can’t clear cache in the iOS app. Reinstalled that, but it didn’t help either. It does not show the domain ‘fronted’ as in dominic’s screenshot. Tried in the browser, no success either.
Did I miss something?