Cannot login to HA after 2024.10 update, infinite restart loop

After the 2024.10 update, the HA has kind of gone into an infinite restart loop. I cannot get to the UI. Sometimes, the UI will load but then I see a Connection lost reconnecting message.

I am running it in a VM, so I can see the ha prompt but I don’t know how to fix anything from that prompt. I have restarted the VM but after sometime, at the ha prompt, I see an out of memory error and some process python3 killed.

HA totally non-functional. Please help.

2 Likes

If you see an out of memory message, why don’t you increase the available memory?

thanks to the new version of Alexa Media Player

https://github.com/alandtse/alexa_media_player/issues/2579

1 Like

This issue started happening immediately after updating to 2024.10. The Ha was running fine on 2024.9.3. So, the issue is not with memory. 4GB memory is allocated which has been working for years now. Some runaway process is exhausting memory.

How can I disable the integration? I cannot even stay connected to the UI long enough to disable it. Any way to do it from the HA prompt?

reboot the entire machine. Once rebooted, stop all integration reloaded, and desactivate alexa media player integrated. Reboot, and it will be ok.

2 Likes

Thanks for you quick reply, but I am not that HA smart. How do I stop the integrations from reloading after machine restart?

Looks like I was able to disable the Alexa Media Player integration. HA is back up. I thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

1 Like

(Home Assistant Won't Connect After 2024.10)
Same problem here, look for the other thread

Same thing here. As soon as I upgrade to .10 I started to get the out of memory issue. It’s really weird how the 2 things are so dependent on each other. I mean, HA .9 AMP all fine and now .10 and it crashes the entire system…

For now I just downgraded the integration to the previous version

As a heads up this is never a good idea when the problem is a memory leak.

I missed this once which is the reason why my desktop PC now has 128GB of memory :face_with_diagonal_mouth: This was a big mistake and a huge waste of money when the problem was just a memory leak -‘bangs head against wall’