Home Assistant Won't Connect After 2024.10

I am running a home assistant yellow with cm4 8gb RAM and 16GB storage, also using a Samsung 980 1TB SSD Nvme storage on board. For some reason when I updated to the latest 2024.10 firmware my Home Assistant instance is constantly telling me lost connection reconnecting and I cant get it to come back online. It’s stuck in this ridiculous boot loop that I can’t get out of, and I’m trying to avoid factory resetting everything, even though I do have a recent full backup. Does anybody have any idea whats going on or what I can do to fix this issue?

3 Likes

Same issue on YELLOW

Constantly rebooting every 30sec or so

Very hard to check the logs

1 Like

Well my yellow has been stable, can you guys boot to safe mode?

Same issue for me. As soon I do a “ha core restart” it’s up for a few minutes and crashes again after few minutes or so.

I’m on generic x86 hardware. Safe mode is working normally. HA does not start into recovery-mode.

There is also a GITHUB Issue reported as well → LINK

Cheers Mate

PS: A guy over there assumed to downgrade to version before 2024.10.0 - trying that currently

Maybe that if you use alexa media player
https://github.com/alandtse/alexa_media_player/issues/2579

2 Likes

Looks like you are right.
I also had this issue with

Core 2024.9.3
    Supervisor 2024.09.1
    Operating System 12.4
    Frontend 20240909.1

and disabling the Alexa Media Player fixed the issue.
Thx so much

1 Like

Just had the same issue and disabling Alexa Media Player seems to have fixed it. Waiting for a fix now.

1 Like

I had the same issue and disabling Alexa component made the trick. This custom component has become lately a mess… it’s not working properly anymore, requires continues reauthentication, issue with Amazon login and now it makes HA to crash. I think we need someone expert here to improve this component…

2 Likes

Idem for me, disabling Alexa Media Player

Same for me, I should have come to see the forum before restoring my virtual machine, then my HA backup :frowning:

Apart from a python problem in the logs, I would not have thought to go see this custom component because I updated HA and this component at the same time…

The positive point is that I was able to confirm that my backups work correctly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same for me, it seemed to happen particularly after the Alexa Media Player Update. Any configuration changes cause a crash. COnfig changes I have tried have been around Lovelace KNX Thermostats. I’m running on an INTEL NUC CELERON with SSD as I have for years.

To comfirm I downgraded the Alexa Media Player component put my KNX Thermostat changes back in manually and am now stable on 2024.10.0. I maked the Alexa Media Player component as “Skip”.

Exact same issue here

Rolled back to v4.13.2 for Alexa Media Player and seems stable now

1 Like

Same her on Yellow as well. It kept rebooting every hour or so. I just restored to a previous backup.

Same problem here.
Rebooting every 30 seconds or so.
Deactivated Alexa Mediaplayer, reboot seems to stop - but I have still problems.
When editing on the dashbord the “save” button is not available.

• Core 2024.10.0
  • Supervisor 2024.09.1
  • Operating System 13.1
  • Frontend 20241002.2

Clear the browser cache and if that doesn’t fix it start a fresh topic for that problem.

1 Like

Go back to your 2024.9.3 backup, check it is stable, update to 2024.10.0, but don;t update the Alexa Media component, instead hit the skip button. That Alexa version messes up many things.

3 Likes
4 Likes

clearing cache seem to be the resolver. Will try a bit, but looks good.

Just found this post. Had this issue last night, was about to restore to 2024.9.3 from backup. I do not use Alexa Media Player. I suspect there are multiple issues.

Same here with Yellow. Disabling Alexa fix the issue

2 Likes