Cannot upgrade to 2022.10

Hi everyone,

Im trying to upgrade my HA core installation to 2022.10.1 or 2022.10.2 from 2022.9.7 but im getting the error “hass-nabucasa 0.55.0 requires cryptography<38.0,>=2.8, but you have cryptography 38.0.1 which is incompatible”
Ha starts but mqtt, google assistant, notify and 2-3 other components doesn’t work

I tried to upgrade cryptography to the latest but there isn’t any latest.

Do anyone know something?

Best regards dudes

That’s not what the message is telling you to do.

You need to downgrade not upgrade.

I tried to downgrade to 38.0.0 but then i got the error below

Still not reading it. Less than 38.0. it does not say “cryptography<=38.0”

Yes i can see that, but also there is this error at the screenshot
So, the requirement is the cryptography 38.0.1, not 38.0.0 not < 38.0

Sorry I missed that in the screenshot, was focused on the other error. Try this:

pip install --use-deprecated=legacy-resolver cryptography==38.0.0

Thanks Mike but no luck.
At first i tried for 38.0.1

But HA shows the same notification about the not working components
After that i tried for 38.0.0

The components stil not working

CleanShot 2022-10-11 at 15.05.17

Don’t be fooled by the red warnings/errors shown, with the legacy resolver pip will just continue to do what you asked for…

It should just start now.

You can also just do:

pip install --use-deprecated=legacy-resolver homeassistant==2022.10.3 --upgrade

Next, start home assistant up again. If all fails, you can always recreate your venv.

…/Frenck

I had the same problem upgrading from 2022.9.7 to 2022.10 running in a Phyton 3.9 virtual enivironment on raspian bullyseye.

The error msg
“ERROR: pip’s dependency resolver does not currently take into account all the packages that are installed. This behaviour is the source of the following dependency conflicts.
hass-nabucasa 0.55.0 requires cryptography<38.0,>=2.8, but you have cryptography 38.0.1 which is incompatible.”

I resolved with:

pip3 install --upgrade hass-nabucasa==0.56.0

However HA 2022.10.3 still did not start several components like cloud, mjpeg, mobile-app.

To fix that I needed to:

sudo apt-get install libatlas-base-dev

Hope that helps you.

2 Likes

Thank you!
It helped me A LOT!

I tried everything here and I am still getting “/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29’ not found” as /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6 points to libm-2.28.so and GLIBC version is 2.28. when it tries to load MQTT, Tasmota, and several other components. Several forums have recommended against upgrading GLIBC. I am running Core on a RPI4 with Buster. I have been trying to upgrade to Bullseye since August, but there are still too many issues and I cannot install some software from scratch as it is no longer available, such as OpenVPN and Snips.

This thread

had the solution for my issues with crypto after updating to 2022.10 earlier this month. In my case HA ( core installation, Python venv ) started, but was throwing errors about “X509_V_FLAG_CB_ISSUER_CHECK”

regarding your issues with GLIBC, when I updated from Buster to Bullseye I ran
sudo apt install libgcc-8-dev gcc-8-base
prior to full-upgrade. Can’t recall why exactly…

but perhaps you might want to create a separate thread to discuss issues with the update from Buster to Bullseye, does not really fit into this topic.

Armin

1 Like

Thanks. I just tried that and got a message saying they were already the most recent versions. I will look at that thread to see if something else might work.

I just checked out that thread and upgrading OpenSSL did not work either.

when you say

this is a core installation in a Python venv? The venv is active when you run the pip3-commands?

Armin

Yes, I am running in a venv and homeassistant is stopped prior to any upgrade or installation. I have been running this since HA 0.6? i think, rebuilding the venv each time I need to upgrade Python. Currently running Python 3.9.

So Numpy was upgraded in September to 1.23.2 and everything was fine. In October, Numpy was not upgraded, but is now requiring GLIBC_2.29. So what happened? My guess is, though the version of Numpy installed in September required GLIBC_2.29, there was no call to one of the new features in the new version of Numpy, resulting in no error. In October, the packages that are not loading are calling new features in Numpy 1.23. Downgrading Numpy to 1.22.4 and restarting HomeAssistant results in the same GLIBC_2.29 error for the same packages.

GLIBC_2.31 here, but I already updated to Bullseye in December last year.

OpenVPN 2.5.1 is installed, but I’m not using openvpn on the Raspberry.
Never used snips, but read somewhere that parts of the software are no longer available(?) after they became part of Sonos.

Update to Bullseye ran without issues for me, I only recall to remove wait.conf from /etc/systemd/system/dhcpcd.service.d, with the file DHCP did not retrieve the IP-Address.

Armin