Cant get Alexa TTS working (Please Help)

I did the setup again and now works ^^ thanks by the way Drew

So, not sure who this will help. I couldn’t get this to work until I realized, for whatever reason - I had to reboot every Alexa in my network (physically). Seems the call service was working but when I asked Alexa anything, she would respond with no volume (despite volume being set). A restart of the physical echo device resolved this.

Hi @pablosuarez999, I am facing the same issue. My Alexa shows standby till she is awake on Alexa word. After a few seconds, it goes to unavailable.Can you tell me how you fixed it?

I’ve been searching for this answer, thank you! But as a follow up, can you play sounds to the everywhere group? Like the Amazon soundlibrary/bell/chimes/chimes_01

These seem to require the type: tts

No, you have to send it to each device, but the target value can be templated to include all the Echos…

service: notify.alexa_media
data:
  message: "<audio src='soundbank://soundlibrary/animals/amzn_sfx_bear_groan_roar_01'/>"
  data:
    type: tts
  target: |
    {{ expand(integration_entities('alexa_media')
    | select('match', 'media_player'))
    | selectattr('attributes.source', 'defined')
    | map(attribute='entity_id')
    | list }}

This template relies on the source attribute. On my devices, source is only defined for the physical media players, not “everywhere”, user-defined speaker groups, or mobile apps. However, I only have Gen 2 & 3 Echo devices, so YMMV on Shows, Flexes, Pops, or newer Echos.

Wow, thank you so much for this. I would have struggled to get all that syntax correct. :slight_smile: