Can't get second broadlink RM mini to work

Hello HA community,

I’ve recently bought a second RM mini from Broadlink. Connected it to my wifi using their app, got the mac adress from the app and gave it a static IP in my router.

But when trying to send/learn commands from it it doesn’t work. The 1st mini is still working and can receive and send IR commands. But when calling the broadlink.send or learn service on the second device nothing happens.

Config entry for both devices, remote1 works, remote2 doesn’t.

switch:
  - platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.1.187
    mac: 'C8:F7:00:00:00:00'
    friendly_name: remote1
    host: 192.168.1.99
    mac: '24:DF:00:00:00:00'
    friendly_name: remote2  

There are no error messages inside the logs and controlling both devices in the broadlink app works fine.

Does someone know how to get this working?

verify the ip

perform a ping on the network for the one that isnt working
ping it
if you using windows
ping 192.168.1.99 -t ( - t will just loop till you press ctrl + C)

if you get a reply
unplug it
ping it again
now you should Not be getting reply

For some reason, you can not learn commands with any other device than the first unit you integrated. See my post here on this.

TL:DR, learn all commands with the first device, send with any device.

This is correct, pinging the device works while plugged in and doesn’t when it’s not. But still no ability to send commands.

@kanga_who
Found that topic also, if that was the issue it would be fine, but I’m also unable to send any commands to the device.

Off topic

I use Node Red for both my RM Pro and Mini
You could try it

I’m willing to switch when node-red works with both devices. Do you have any explanation on how to set this up?

The pallette has a good explanation on setting it up, learning the codes and sending
I can provide you example flows

Have you tried adding type: rm_mini to the config for each device? I know it’s an optional variable, but perhaps with having 2 entries it is needed. Worth a try.

Yea I used that first, removed those lines as an attempt to get it working. Sadly it didn’t. I’m now factory resetting both broadlink devices, assigning them a new IP and see if that makes them both work.

hi, i have three broadlink devices for climate , but all three don’t work.
only one works, i need restart HA to use another broadlink
i have IP and MAC different in all broadlink , because this problem ?
this is my configuration.yaml
do i have errors? how can i solve to use all three ?

smartir:
  update_branch: rc
climate:
- platform: smartir
  name: Condizionatore sala
  unique_id: Condizionatore sala
  device_code: 1401
  controller_data: 192.168.178.10

name: Condizionatore camera
  unique_id: Condizionatore camera
  controller_data: 192.168.178.11

name: Condizionatore cameretta
  unique_id: Condizionatore cameretta
  controller_data: 192.168.178.12

switch:
  type: rm_mini
  host: 192.168.178.10
  mac: 'xxxxxxxxxx'
  timeout: 15

type: rm_mini3_newblackbean
  host: 192.168.178.11
  mac: 'xxxxxxxxx'

type: rm_mini3_newblackbean
  host: 192.168.178.12
  mac: 'xxxxxxxxx'

I’ve now tried to remove the RM mini that was first added and try using only the second one. Somehow still doesn’t work. Does someone know if this is some mistake on the broadlink side? The broadlink (ihc) app works fine but anything else doesn’t.

If somebody still looking like i did for a while. The solution is really simple but not intuitive. To add new device to integration you just need to add new integration. This is a bit confusing i would expect that inside integration we will have an add device command. But anyway to get second device working at least for Home Assistant 2021.4.6 You just press new integration and select Broadlink it will add 2 devices into integration:
bl