Can't setup ecowitt gateway integration

I can’t set up the ecowitt integration, it doesn’t seem to work. I copied the text from the app and pasted it directly in before hitting submit or finish. I tried the domain. I tried it’s up address. It just doesn’t seem to work.

We need a bit more information, I think.

Presumably you are following the instructions in the docs?

How far did you get?

Not sure why you would do this because it is local. Use the local IP address. On the Ecowitt app you would use the local\internal ip address of HA in the DIY Server.

Because theirs an entry directing all the local traffic to it. I’ve tried by IP and by domain. It read out the domain on the prompt before I hit submit. Neither worked.

I followed the directions as instructed completely. I used the domain originally since it said to on the prompt for the integration. I tried the IP as well. The router directs all local traffic to its domain to it automatically. I made a rule or whatever in the router.

So I just removed it, restarted the home assistant and setup the integration again. I pasted it directly in. And it isn’t working. I tried with and without the slash at the beginning.

It’s like this. That’s the IP address of my server. What did I do wrong?

P.s. this is the original gateway which has no way of accessing it without the ecowitt app or ws view app and does not have a web page accessible as far as I know.

Also I enabled debug logging but don’t know where to get the ecowitt specific logs and don’t see any in the logs in settings.

Have you tried a different port? 8123 is the one used for browser access to HA. I’m using 4199.

? The setup explicitly says to use port 8123. Like I hit add integration, it gives me a webhook string and a port number and the domain and says to enter it, I do, it doesn’t work. Can I just choose whatever port I want? I can’t seem to edit the port number now.
Your using the regular integration and not the custom one from hacs right?

Do I have to use ngix or something to make it work because my setup uses https? Why is this so complicated?

I’m using the custom one - trouble-free for a couple of years now. And not https.

I have the Ecowitt integration setup without anything else involved. I have no issues.

I had to copy the API to a text file and open it up on my phone and copied it to the Ecowitt App.

On the AP, I use my internal IP address for my HA server, copied the API info, and the port, it all worked fine

You say “It’s not working”, but I’m not clear what you’re expecting and what you’re actually seeing. If you can turn on debug logging doesn’t that suggest the integration has been set up successfully?

So the default one doesn’t work. The hacs one only works in version 0.6. 0.7 doesn’t work. I was expecting to see the entities. Which i didnt because it didn’t work.

None at all? As far as I remember, indoor temperature, humidity and pressure come from the gateway itself. If you have those, but nothing else the problem may be in the connection between the gateway and the various sensors outside.

No I get nothing unless it’s at version 0.6. the standard integration is straight broken and version 0.6 of the hacs one works but not 0.7. idk. Good enough.

So I updated my system and now it doesn’t work at all. The newest core update. That’s the issue. It’s on 0.6 because 0.7 won’t work and the update just broke something some how. It says something in the logs about device_class_temerature and device_class_moisture being depreciated in the logs idk.