Cant setup Xiaomi Mijia Smart LED Desk Lamp

Homekit integration has some wrong colors when setting them through google home. Daylight for example is greenish and dim as the lamp doesn’t switch to “Temperature mode” which it should.

Here the same. Next step… in the bin.

The following way worked for me:

1. Via Yeelight app on my [Android] phone, I added the lamp. [probably, you can skip this step and connect your lamp directly in the Mi Home app, but this didn’t work for me. And I have no clue why]
  2. The lamp has appeared in the Mi Home app.
  3. In the settings of the app (three dots on the upper-right corner) → Additional settings → Network info, I found the IP (I knew it) and token (that is what I was looking for).
  4. In the HA app → Settings → Devices & Services → Add integration → Miio for Yeelink → Enter a lamp IP and Token.
  5. Profit.

All in all, all this fun with Xiaomi-ish stuff, slowly but surely, is redirecting me towards more expensive but predictable smart home systems…

1 Like

The following worked for me (slight variation of previous post):

1. Link lamp with Xiaomi Home app
  2. Get token + IP address via GitHub - PiotrMachowski/Xiaomi-cloud-tokens-extractor: This tool/script retrieves tokens for all devices connected to Xiaomi cloud and encryption keys for BLE devices.
  3. Install yeelink custom component (e.g. via HACS) GitHub - al-one/hass-miio-yeelink: Xiaomi Miio Yeelink/Yeelight devices for Home Assistant
  4. Settings > Integrations > Add Yeelink
8 Likes

Thx for your comment. Worked as expected! :slight_smile:

1 Like