Can't update HAOS 6.6 to 7.0

I think its a “geek” feeling to have everything “up-to-date”

omg … I just kept retrying, I also got a “connection lost” message. And after a rather fast restart, I was ‘lucky’ too. Still very weird that now it finally goes through, by itself. no changes whatsoever.

1 Like

Had the same issues over the weekend, tried to do the update not from an iPad however from a wired connected laptop and in 1 go it updated, no connection lost issues. Maybe luck or worth to try it as well from a wired connection.

I had the same issue updating from the UI, so I’ve used the terminal add-on and updated with this command:
ha os update

The update is on the HA os. That have nothing to do from where you login in the web UI… Or did you connect the HA system wired also?

Here everything using Wifi 5Ghz.

Same problem here. 39GB of free space on SD Card.
I tried 6 times to update and sometimes create the backup and sometimes not.
I don’t know if it occurs because the time Hassio takes to make the backup.
Would it possible to update without make a backup, since I make a backup every night?

I had the same issue. Try to update via Terminal, it finally worked for me.

I saw that solution on Github, it worked for me.

The code is:

ha os update --version 7.0

Yes, everything wired indeed, see the messages to update it manual with ha os update – version 7.0

Thank you…I was having issues that others in this thread were having. I used the Terminal add on and updated it using that command.

I do not want an software backup, but these days there is no option here it is backup and then install if all goes correct.
Alas it made an backup, and then no install, so I rerun again backup no install.
So please makers of Home assistant revert on this weird choice do not give option “SHOW” but go back to two buttons, make backup and install, it always worked till this strange mindmelt.

Problem here it keeps backupping and not installing 6.6 to 7.0 that is.

1 Like

Same issues here. Trying from terminal produced a CoreState.FREEZE error. Rebooting now and will try again shortly.

Just one added point, I’ve been using Google Drive Backup. Might be part of the backup problem. Anyone else using it?

Reboot followed by running the command in the terminal had the desired effect. Thanks for that info.

I have Google Drive Backup installed too, it might be the problem.

And it’s good to know that commands in terminal solve your problems too!

Having the same issue.
Did anyone succeed in the meantime?

People us Terminal and use this command. Seems to work

1 Like

Yesterday I tried this and I received an 404 error.
Today I tried again to run it in the terminal and it worked.

Now I am also on Home Assistant OS 7.0.

Thanks!!

Still fails for me. Tried os update --version 7.0 with a reboot but system stops at “Loading MS-DOS executable ‘/mnt/system/bzImage’”

After a few tries it reverts to previous version.

Tried to do a fresh install of home assistant as a last resort but that also failed. Running on Windows 10 VirtualBox. So guess that 7.0 doesnt work in my virtual box

Meanwhile, OS 7.1 has been released. The update to 7.0 failed, but in my case I was able to update to 7.1

Looking at the dates of previous posts in this thread my heart sinks.

We’re at Version 8.0 now and yet I am still stuck on 6.6.

I have tried terminal commands, reboots, a re-install…pretty much everything.

I’ve been running Hassio for years on this set up (Raspberry Pi 3b, SSD data drive) - Never had an update issue before. So frustrating.

I have a new menu (which adds nothing to usability) but no system Update. I’ve never been angry with Home Assistant development before…but I’m at the end of my tether.

Sorry about the rant. But really?