Can't update to 2022.3.3

Hi there, a couple of weeks ago, updater component stopped working and became unavailable. Anyway, the 2022.3.3 update showed up in the config panel so I decided to give it a try this morning, but it went wrong.

First supervisor said :

22-03-10 10:18:33 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluations.base] System detect unauthorized source code modifications. (more-info: https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/unsupported/source_mods)
22-03-10 10:20:56 CRITICAL (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.interface] Pulled image ghcr.io/home-assistant/raspberrypi3-64-homeassistant:2022.3.3 failed on content-trust verification!
22-03-10 10:20:56 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant image failed

Then this showed up and scared me a lot :

I did not change anything to HAOS last days nor I fiddled with the source code. Any advice on this will help ! Thanks.

Known problem. We are all waiting for a fix

2 Likes

almost sure it is related to:

Yes it might, let’s wait for a fix :slight_smile:

That’s in the 2022.3 release notes. Check the breaking changes. The replacement is the version sensor.

It’s unrelated to the issue of not being able to update.

I’ll just add I’m getting this too. Hopefully this will get resolved as I can’t apply the new Core release (2022.3.3). For info, I’m running Home Assistant Blue as I’m a complete nubbin :grinning:.

1 Like

Same problem here on RPI 64.
Have HACS but has not done any core-changes to the platform.

Same here, but worst of all: performed a reboot, IP is pinging, but HA not available. I will need to reinstall the whole thing and recover from a backup.

1 Like

@enuzzo I have already tried to reinstall everything, but the problem is on 2022.3.3 so if you reinstall everything, you cannot complete the installation for a new HA because the 2022.3.3 image is not valid

I know you can’t specifically make it happen, but passing on that it would be good to have this sort of info (known issues) updated on the alerts page and a banner across the top of the forums to prevent the many posts like this.

4 Likes

I had the same problem. Rebooted my Respberry through “REBOTE HOST” in Superviser UI and it’s fixed now.

@Murry I’m betting it will come back. If you look at your full logs you’ll see errors connecting to the notary.

1 Like

I also have this error:

• Unsupported installation: Source modification

• Installation unhealthy:Untrusted content

Since yesterday all my automations are unavailable.
I tried to restore from a full backup, BUT nothing is restored: Popup closed and nothing happens.

Is there a relationship enter these errors? The UI dashboard seems to function!

Roboot Host helped to remove Supervisor errors. Automations still unavailable.

After reboot host i tried the restore again. I realised the message saying “connection lost…” than i knew something is going on. Finally i have a fully working HA system again. And the automations are available again.

What i recommend is: When starting a restore the user should be informed that it is being executed… wait… be patient… etc.

LOL … yes Patience isn’t my “middle name” :slight_smile: , but fortunately i did noticed this already at first HA “installation” and after first few “Restart” due to Update … Take a cup of coffee and a cigarette … or better of, now that spring is closing up, go outside and enjoy a beer in the sun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Hat3. I do have a snapshot for 2022.3.1 and also previous ones.
I tried to flash SD card with HAOS 7.1 to 7.4 and performing core rollback to 2022.3.1 and previous … no luck. Also, it seems that supervisor is automatically updated to 2022.3.3 therefore I cannot even try to use an old backup on an older version of HA. I’m totally stuck with no ideas at the moment … any help is appreciated :wink:

Note also that I do not have any other integrations that are not supported by 2022.3.3.
The only non-native supported I have are: HACS, Automated Backups and Nordpool integration.

@enuzzo yesterday the release 2022.3.3 it was fixed, I had reinstall all and restored the last working backup.

I have a 2021.12.1 and 2022.3.1 backups. With everything updated to 7.4 and core 2022.3.3 with supervisor 2022.3.3, still the same errors.

22-03-11 11:47:58 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.manager] Successfully imported a65129ed
22-03-11 11:47:58 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.manager] Found 1 backup files
22-03-11 11:47:58 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.manager] Found 1 backup files
22-03-11 11:48:17 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.manager] Partial-Restore a65129ed start
22-03-11 11:48:19 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.manager] Restoring a65129ed Docker config
22-03-11 11:48:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.manager] Restoring a65129ed folders
22-03-11 11:48:24 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't restore folder addons/local: _restore() takes 0 positional arguments but 1 was given
22-03-11 11:48:24 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't restore folder media: _restore() takes 0 positional arguments but 1 was given
22-03-11 11:48:24 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't restore folder ssl: _restore() takes 0 positional arguments but 1 was given
22-03-11 11:48:24 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't restore folder share: _restore() takes 0 positional arguments but 1 was given
22-03-11 11:48:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.manager] Restoring a65129ed Repositories
22-03-11 11:48:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.store] Loading add-ons from store: 62 all - 0 new - 0 remove
22-03-11 11:48:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.manager] Restoring a65129ed Add-ons
22-03-11 11:48:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Restore config for addon core_duckdns
22-03-11 11:48:24 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] Unhandled exception: 'core_duckdns'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/jobs/decorator.py", line 106, in wrapper
    return await self._method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/__init__.py", line 367, in restore
    await addon.restore(tar_file)
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/addon.py", line 832, in restore
    restore_image = self._image(data[ATTR_SYSTEM])
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/model.py", line 629, in _image
    return config[ATTR_IMAGE].format(arch=self.arch)
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/model.py", line 509, in arch
    if ATTR_IMAGE in self.data:
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/addon.py", line 157, in data
    return self.sys_addons.data.system[self.slug]
KeyError: 'core_duckdns'
22-03-11 11:48:24 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't restore Add-on core_duckdns: 
22-03-11 11:48:24 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Restore config for addon core_configurator
22-03-11 11:48:24 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] Unhandled exception: 'core_configurator'
KeyError: 'core_configurator'
22-03-11 11:48:24 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't restore Add-on core_configurator: 
22-03-11 11:48:56 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Restore config for addon a0d7b954_vscode
22-03-11 11:48:57 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] Unhandled exception: 'a0d7b954_vscode'
KeyError: 'a0d7b954_vscode'
22-03-11 11:48:57 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't restore Add-on a0d7b954_vscode: 
22-03-11 11:48:57 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Restore config for addon core_ssh
22-03-11 11:48:57 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] Unhandled exception: 'core_ssh'
KeyError: 'core_ssh'
22-03-11 11:48:57 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't restore Add-on core_ssh: 
22-03-11 11:48:58 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.manager] Partial-Restore a65129ed done