Can't Upgrade From HA 0.90.2 to 0.91.4 (Hassio)

Have you ever tried the Check Home Assistant configuration add on? It’ll tell you if your configuration will fail with the new image, which could also cause an upgrade to fail.

2 Likes

I’m also having a problem updating to 0.91.4 (I’m coming from 0.89.1). I can’t confirm I’m getting exactly the same error, but I do get the docker pull image message before I can’t load the logs/any pages any more. When I finally decide the upgrade simply isn’t going to work after 4-6 hours (I’ve tried it multiple times) restarting my rPi B+ brings me back to 0.89.1 and doesn’t seem to keep the logs, at least not that I’ve been able to find.

I did try the config checker and my results were good:

[Info] Start install HomeAssistant latest
[Info] Installed homeassistant==0.91.4, check config now
[Info] Configuration check finished - no error found! :)

I will say the rPi’s activity light (the green one) is steady on when I finally give up and restart it. The upgrade wouldn’t actually be taking longer than 6 hours would it? It never been more than a few minutes before.

I just tried that and everything comes out fine. Not sure what else to do.

It definitely wouldn’t take 6 hours lol. All it’s doing is downloading a new docker container or 2 and starting them up.

I did find this, which someone just replied with the only mildly helpful comment “corrupt file system”.

A similar issue with links to a potential fix:

Edit: followed the rabbit hole for you:

I would double check your volume is as large as you think it is first: Update | Problem
and if your problem isn’t just a smaller than you expected volume then it’s probably a corruption in a docker file system and you’ll have to format and restore like so:
Update | Problem

After running dh -f I see I have plenty of space (25gigs) except in the mount point /dev/init (/dev/root is the actual folder that’s full).

But, I just tried running the update through ssh and it worked fine. No idea what the difference is behind the scenes, but the update took about 2 minutes from the command line and everything is back up and running correctly. So, if you guys were using the update button, try running the update from the command line instead and see if it works. I ran:

hassio homeassistant update - -version=0.91.4

And waited a few minutes.

1 Like

Unfortunately I cannot SSH into Hassio. I created the key pairs and uploaded the key to Hassio using “import from USB”, but all I get is “Server Refused Our Key”

I used the password option in the SSH server setup. My HA isn’t accessible from outside my home network so I’m not too worried about the extra security a key pair provides.

Yeah, it looks like the SSH add-on isn’t installing properly. At this point I might as well just do a fresh install.

Hi there,
I have the same issue but with the follwong error:
19-04-21 15:10:37 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/raspberrypi-homeassistant tag 0.91.4.
19-04-21 15:10:51 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [hassio.docker.interface] Can’t install homeassistant/raspberrypi-homeassistant:0.91.4 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found (“no such image: homeassistant/raspberrypi-homeassistant:0.91.4: No such image: homeassistant/raspberrypi-homeassistant:0.91.4”).
19-04-21 15:10:51 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant image fails

It looks like it cannot find the image…

This was my error when I had no space left. I thought that that it was odd that it said that the image couldn’t be found but once I resized my vm it installed fine.

1 Like

It is a fresh installation on a 8Gb card. Disk check says it is 70% free…

So, df -hl says /dev/root is 70% free? What is the free amount?

…and last night, suddenly, the update was ok. Now I am on 0.91.4 and everything is working fine but Configurator: I cannot access it any longer.
Thanks for your help but this is really not deterministic!!!
PS df -h says /dev/root is 0% free :frowning: but overlay is 30% used: I do not understand why it can’t adjust space… But yes, I’d probably need a larger card. :slightly_smiling_face:

Interesting.

It’s got even weirder for me.

Still can’t update:

Think I’m gonna have to backup and rebuild a new Hassio instance.

I think there’s a corruption issue for those of us with this update issue.

Yes, 0.92.0 has been released. Personally I am waiting a week or for 0.92.2 whichever comes first.

Yeah, I hear you.

I have a feeling that a fresh install and restore is gonna be the only functional solution on my end. :confused:

The Hassio installation page says you can “upgrade to” a particular version but I have not tried that.

make sure you back up your lovelace layout.
With me no longer using the yaml file that was what I forgot to backup when I did a clean install.
What a pain :sob: