Carrier/Bryant Infinitive Integration

I found it in the home-assistant.log file itself. It doesn’t show up in the log under developer tools.

I’m haven’t found it in my logs yet. When does it normally occur? I’ll probably just make your adjustment either way. Removing a comma at the end of a list normally doesn’t hurt anything.

It showed up right after a reboot.

On another note - I’ve been trying to troubleshoot the error I mentioned in my post above on Mar 4. Out of curiousity, if you look at the attributes associated with your infinitive climate entity, do you have a “target_temp_high” or “target_temp_low” defined? I do not and am wondering if this is part of the reason I’m getting the error in my log.

The issue I had reported back on March 4 appears to have been taken care of with the 0.109 upgrade. The release notes mention something about HomeKit thermostat integration fixes… solved my issue!

Will Infinitive work if I have the touch thermostat? Has anybody tried?

@hgelpke Unfortunately I don’t think it will work with the touch thermostat. I recall somebody a while back trying but it’s been a while. I don’t know if the touch thermostats do a firmware upgrade on the HVAC unit or what but the touch thermostats seem to take over some functionality that Infinitive expects the HVAC unit to handle.

Take a look a this thread and see if this InfinityTouch proxy would work for you.

That’s said, if you want to give infinitive a shot you’re welcome to and I’ll help where I can. Maybe you’ll have better luck with it than the last guy.

I’m back. Still having troubles with my downstairs unit. My issue seems to be with Infinitive though. I’m able to modify the code and recompile so I can see more logging, but I’m really struggling with the GO language. I’ve tried reaching out to the author a few weeks ago, but no response. I can log all the frames going back and forth across the bus, but I’m having a hard time decoding/figuring out where the issue is.

Here’s my equipment info when calling /api/devices/

{
“thermostat”: {
“description”: “”,
“product”: “SYSTXCCUIZ01”,
“softwareVersion”: “CESR131339-06”,
“busId”: “2001”
},
“airhandler”: {
“description”: “VARIABLE SPEED FAN COIL”,
“product”: “FE4ANF003T00ABAA”,
“softwareVersion”: “CESR131329-17”,
“busId”: “4201”
},
“heatpump”: {
“description”: “EVEREST TWO CAPACITY ODU”,
“product”: “25HNB636A0031030”,
“softwareVersion”: “CESR131390-11”,
“busId”: “5001”
}
}

I have another system for upstairs that works fine. I believe I’ve eliminated any concerns with hardware/cabling through numerous tests. Looking for anyone who might understand the code even a shred better than me.

I’m sorry man but you’re beyond my expertise. I haven’t dug into Infinitive at that level. Have you compared the /api/devices output on the working vs non-working units?

I’ve compared my 2 units. As you’ll see below, although the thermostat and control board look similar, they do have different product numbers and software versions.

(Both are Carrier)
Downstairs (doesn’t work) /api/devices:

Upstairs (works) /api/devices:

I can query a few API endpoints, but several come back with empty datasets (pretty much all with /zone/1 fail). When I look at the syslog, I do see data flowing, and again, I can query “/api/heatpump” for example and get back data, just not with the /zone/1. (My thermostat is not setup for multi-zone.)

I did look on the infinitude “known devices” page and see that the “-B” model of my thermostat is listed, but not mine.

Is it possible to simply switch my 2 thermostat controllers to see if the problem “reverses”? or are they “married” in some way to the control board?

Hi
Change probably won’t help. You can try I believe the main board in the are handler controls everything. Check the board id and version numbers there.

It’s possible the the units where set up differently.

@mww012 I’m seeing a new warning in my log since updating this morning to Home Assistant 0.110.0:

WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] ClimateDevice is deprecated, modify InfinitiveDevice to extend ClimateEntity

Not sure if you noticed this yet. Thanks as always!

Simple fix by editing the “climate.py” file. I changed “ClimateDevice” to “ClimateEntity” in two locations and no more warning in the log.

Figured I would follow-up with an update for everyone. I swapped my thermostats and voila, the downstairs now works but the upstairs does not! It looks like I’ve figured out my problem - I need a new thermostat. Apparently the SYSTXCCUIZ01 doesn’t work (or maybe the software version doesn’t work). Either way, it’s getting replaced.

@scott.parmenter thanks for the heads up! I hadn’t seen it yet. Still running 0.109. Sounds like an easy fix and I’ll try to knock out this weekend.

Glad you narrowed down your culprit. That’s really odd that the thermostat matters. Keep us updated on how it goes!

Hey all. I just pushed a v0.0.4 pre-release. It’s got @scott.parmenter’s change to ClimateEntity so that should get rid of the deprecation errors. It also has a change to the way hold and home is reported. I’ve just started testing it myself but things seem to be running find so far. The update should show up in HACS so give it a shot.

Updated fine over here, seems to be working normally. I do see this error in the log, though it doesn’t seem to impact functionality:

2020-07-10 08:18:53 ERROR (SyncWorker_4) [homeassistant.loader] Error parsing manifest.json file at /config/custom_components/infinitive/manifest.json: Expecting property name enclosed in double quotes: line 8 column 1 (char 214)

Working well for me too!

Thanks for the feedback. I’m seeing that same manifest.json error and am completely baffled so far. Literally nothing changed with that file. I rolled back to 0.0.3 and the error went a way so it’s definitely something in the 0.0.4 update but I can’t nail down what the problem is. There’s no functional impact that I’ve noticed.

I was messing around with versions yesterday and I think the error is that the 0.0.4 tag has a comma where it shouldn’t be in line 7 of manifest.json. The master branch looks like it was updated more recently (by about a day?) and when I pull the master via HACS, I don’t have that error.