Carrier/Bryant Infinitive Integration

Think I found the issue. The I had the FAN_MODE_MAP mapped to “medium” instead of “med”. I’ve swapped it around and testing now. I’ll push it before the end of the night and let you know when you can pull the changes.

@strikeir13 just uploaded. Run a ‘git pull’ and see if the new changes make it any better.

@scott.parmenter Glad that fixed your issue. I’ll take all the help and testers I can get. You’re welcome to update and grab the new integration. So far I’ve been running on it and haven’t hit any real issues. @strikeir13 has found the only functional impacting thing so far.

I imported the changes to my setup and it seems we’re back online! Thanks for the quick fix @mww012!

@mww012 unfortunately my Pi hung up again today… I searched the syslog and found the same error as before:

Jul 31 16:44:13 raspberrypi kernel: [413966.880191] brcmfmac: brcmf_run_escan: error (-110)
Jul 31 16:44:13 raspberrypi kernel: [413966.880208] brcmfmac: brcmf_cfg80211_scan: scan error (-110)

I checked and the power save mode is still off. So I’m not sure what could be causing the issue this time… any ideas?

What I hate to suggest but may be the quickest route to a resolution is to wipe the Pi and start over. We could start digging into the driver but at that point I’m getting a little past my skillset. We very well may end up wiping and reinstalling anyway. If the Pi doesn’t work after a rebuild I’d suggest grabbing a new one. There may be an issue with the hardware in that case.

Does the Pi have an ethernet port or is it a Pi Zero? If it has ethernet you could always hardwire in and skip the wifi altogether.

Have any of you Infinitive users ever tried to display Infinitive within Home Assistant via a custom panel or iframe? I thought it might be a nice way to supplement @mww012’s excellent work: using the card for quick checks/adjustments but having the expanded UI available for fan control or other info. I have some HA config code that works to create the panel and the HA URL updates as though it’s working, but nothing shows up in my panel. Has anyone else ever done this successfully?

I haven’t tried but I’ll try to find time this weekend to give it a shot. Can you post the current config you’re using so I can make sure I’m on the same track?

Sure, here’s the iframe section in configuration.yaml:

panel_iframe:
  infinitive:
    title: 'Infinitive'
    url: 'https://infinitive.mydomain.duckdns.org'
    icon: mdi:thermostat

I think I’ve figured out where I’m having issues, though, and I think it may be unrelated to infinitive/HA though I’ll post it here for posterity.

I’m running Hass.io and using the Nginx Proxy Manager (NPM) plug-in to configure my remote access with Nginx. I created a proxy host using NPM for infinitive.mydomain.duckdns.org, much like I have for other plugins. It has worked for the other plugins (Grocy, NPM itself, and Google Drive Backup) without issue, using the same config code but slightly modified per plugin. I believe the issue I’m running into is that I’m trying to serve Infinitive over standard Websockets in NPM but it requires a Websockets Secure (wss) connection. Here’s the error I get in Chrome Dev Tools:

The page was loaded over HTTPS, but attempted to connect to the insecure WebSocket endpoint

So I think my issue is really with configuring NPM/Nginx correctly and has nothing to do with Infinitive or this integration…

@mww012 I got my hands on another PI and started from scratch. Back up and running now. Thanks for your help.

Hi:
Trying to install ‘infinitive’ on HASIO. Added files to custom_compmonent directory but not sure how pyinfinitive.py gets installed. If I need install it I can’t seem to find out how. Can anyone please help and point me in the right direction?

At this point when I add Climate: - platform: infinitive`

I get an error that it’s not found.

Thanks.

Hmm…could you post the exact error you’re getting? Also, what version of HA are you running?

Glad to hear you’re back up and running

Hassio. 96.5
Never loads log show not found.

Have it in custom_components/infinitive folder. Have Hacs installed too.
Is there a write-up on how to install this inside hassio? In other enviriments I’d run. Pip install pyinfinite but not in hassio

And thank you for your response. Let me what I can do or provide.

Actually, I’m not… the new PI got hung up again. I haven’t checked the log yet but plan to tonight. Symptom is the same as the last time - I cannot connect to it remotely. I’ll let you know what I find.

Ugh, that sucks. So new Pi and same issue? That’s kinda weird.

Sorry, I’m not trying to be thick-headed. Just trying to make sure I understand your issue. When you start HA, you get an error complaining about something not found. Is that python griping that it doesn’t have the pyinfinitive module?

No. When I add
climate:

• platform: infinitive
    host: 192.168.69.121
    port: 8088
    to config.yaml
    I get this error.
    Platform not found: climate.infinitive
    7:08 PM components/hassio/init.py (ERROR)
    Hope that helps

Yup, it’s the same error as before:

Aug 6 00:00:27 raspberrypi kernel: [101542.120567] brcmfmac: brcmf_run_escan: error (-110)
Aug 6 00:00:27 raspberrypi kernel: [101542.120583] brcmfmac: brcmf_cfg80211_scan: scan error (-110)

Not sure where to go from here. Brand new Pi, reformatted memory card, same power cord, and same case…

Do you think it could be an issue with my Orbi router?

Well crap. I wouldn’t expect it to be the Orbi but I’ve seen weirder things. Are you using the power supply that came with the Pi? I’ve heard that they can be really picky about the power they get from the power supply. Supposedly it can cause really unexpected stuff to occur.