Change gps_accuracy setting for Android App

Hi,

Is there a way of updating the gps_accuracy for the mobile app? I have both Life360 and the new android app running and the app decided I was at home whilst out on a walk. I checked the states for life360 (flagged as away, gps_accurancy 33) and the app (flagged as home, gps_accurancy 2000). Obviously I need to have it ignore the higher result, but not seeing how to do it for the app.

Thanks in advance

I don’t believe there is a way to change that currently. I took a quick look at the github page and didn’t see a feature request for it.

I have this same problem. If I go for a walk, I can go several km away and HA still says I´m home and gps accuracy is 2000+. If I leave by car, the app notices sooner that I´m not home. Weird.

Maybe a noobquestion, but my HA always says I am home. Using the GPS device tracker in my HA Android app to detect my location. Even when I am in another country the app says: home

How? :joy: Did I forget to enable / add something tot the config file?

Does it update correctly when you open the app?

Did you turn on “background location tracking” in the app configuration?

My lat / long never changes in the app, checked it yesterday when I was many kilometers away from home. It is exactly the same as when I am at home.

Background location tracking is activated in the app. I also granted permissions when Android verified. Already reinstalled the app to be sure… No result. I didn’t add anyting in the config file, only downloaded the app, assuming HA location tracking would work out of the box (OR do I have to add something in the config file?)

Yeah, you need to add “mobile_app:” to your configuration.yaml.

tho, I’m not sure why that wouldn’t allow the gps coordinates to work in the app.

And for that matter I’m surprised the app works at all since you need to allow the app to find your HA instance on your network and I thought to do that it already needed the mobile_app: entry in your config…

Are you using the “official” app or one of the others?

Probably because I didn’t remove the default_config: line. The documentation says:

Mobile App
This integration is by default enabled, unless you’ve disabled or removed the default_config: line from your configuration. If that is the case, the following example shows you how to enable this integration manually:

# Example configuration.yaml entry
mobile_app:

I am using the official app. But the app doesn’t find my HA instance uppon installation. I have to enter my HA ip address manually the first time I open the HA app when I (re)install it. So still no clue why my GPS coordinates aren’t updated…

I have the same problem! Ever since i use the native android companion app (even updated to 1.5.0 a few days ago), my location never gets updated. Some relevant information: Galaxy S9, App version 1.5.0. The value i entered in the device_registration in the app is nowhere to be found as an entity in home assistant itself. The mobile app integration is present. I’m really not sure what causes this, i can not get it to work

Check to make sure the following:

• App has location permission granted all the time
  • All location based toggles in app configuration page are enabled
  • Battery optimization is turned off

if that fails to work try to clear the integration and app data, restart HA and sign back in

I have the similar problem, in HA , shiw “In home” , i turn off the phone for test, at every show " at home"

Any idea?

Hi there,
perhaps an issue caused by the type of smartphone brand?
We have two smartphones:

• Oneplus 6
  • Samsung S7

On both the app has location permission granted all the time, all location based toggles in app configuration page are enabled and battery optimization is turned off.

While the app on the Oneplus works really flawlessly, the location updates on the S7 are kind of random. And this no matter if using the S7 actively or not.
The strange ting is that gps-logger worked good on both…

Try to double check these things and see if it helps: https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/troubleshooting/faqs/#location-is-not-updating-in-android-app

Sounds like maybe the samsung device is still killing the app prematurely

I missed:
4. Turn on unrestricted data for the Android app.
I turned on unrestricted data for the app. Let’s see if it helps.

I had the same problems using letsencrypt certificates or using the nabu casa remote url. So this is not the problem.

Any progress?
I have the same thing with my wife’s Samsung S9, it just won’t work. Followed every step, updated to latest versions, no dice.
On my OP5 it works flawless.
Just don’t understand what is going on.

My wife sometimes uses the “save data” function on her Samsung S7 and this killes the apps (GPS-Logger, HA-Companion, …).
Turning on unrestricted data for the Android app did the trick…
Then I switched to the component “ha-composite-tracker” to track the phones. This workes quite well and detects changes fast and reliable.
This platform creates a composite device tracker from one or more other device trackers and/or binary sensors (see here).

- platform: composite
    name: flo_composite
    time_as: device_or_local
    require_movement: true
    entity_id:
      #- device_tracker.op6_gps          # gps-logger
      - device_tracker.op6_ping
      - binary_sensor.op6_bs_ping
      - device_tracker.op6_wifi
      - device_tracker.oneplus_a6003     # HA-companion