Changing states of text_input from a script

Nothing has changed in the code here at all. The last change to this service occurred 11 months ago.

EDIT: The last change to the entity itself was 5 months ago.

the code implies that the length of the string has to be greater than your minimum. I.e. if it’s set to 0, it must be length 1.

I admit it looks very strange, and is obviously not widely experienced. Something must be weird in my setup.

I half-wondered if changes to the database might be affecting how the entity history is stored, but then of course that would not explain how I can still empty the input_text from the frontend.

set state in the frontend is not the same as a service call to set the value.

Interesting - I don’t expect it would accept a min_value of -1 though?!?

There are no restrictions for that

FWIW, my minimum is 0 and I can set it to an empty string via the service.

Sounds like a bug go me, as the definition of minimum is the smallest number possible.

we still haven’t identified why it’s not working for him. No bug identified yet. :wink:

regardless, if you were lower than the minimum, you’d have a warning in your logs.

I just tested using the services in developer tools and checked the state there too.

I had to do it in yaml mode, but despite getting a green tick the state didn’t change from whatever was already set when I use “”.

The config for my input text is just a name and an initial of “” also. No changes since I set it up months ago.

Yes, same problem here. I think it stopped working after this month update 2022.4.

1 Like

Just to reiterate, there are no errors in anyone’s homeassistant.log file?

negative, nothing to see in the logs on my side.

at this point, i’d just write the issue up on github and tag the version you’re running. Hopefully we can reproduce it.

None that I can see, but this was with logging level at normal.

Would it be worth setting it to debug? What would be the component namespace for that?

No, there’s nothing that it logs in debug

I’ve created an issue on GitHub for this if others affected by the problem want to add their thumbs up or further diagnostic information.

Same problema after update 2022.4.

I’m running dev, however I’m running a dev version that is between 2022.4.0 and 2022.4.2. So you guys really need to be explicit with your version, out to the minor revision.

My initial post was on 2022.4.0. I upgraded to 2022.4.3 before trying the developer tools as suggested and there was no change.

Good news - it seems Paulus has identified the problem, and a fix has already been merged.

1 Like