Chargepoint support

is anybody planning to support chargepoint?

I have a charpoint station at home and would like to track charging status etc.

the myChevy component is a pain in the ass, so was hoping to find something for chargepoint.

7 Likes

This would be a great idea

I would also like this!

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I’m trying to decide what kind of charger to get for my new EV. Chargepoint is the dominant player in the US and 2 of my 3 installer options suggest it over Juicebox, saying they’ve had more issues during and after setup with Juicebox units.

Any thoughts on whether and/or how to support ChargePoint wifi boxes?

Thanks!

Would love to see ChargePoint integration…both local WiFi devices, but perhaps more importantly just accessing ChargePoint data from the cloud so automations can be created when charging at local ChargePoint stations (e.g. if at these stations, send notifications after N hours).

I’m starting working on one… not sure it would lead to something, but right now, I’m able to view all data from the Charging Activity tab… in json. I just need to learn how to program a sensor and how to import data in home assistant.

As ryans point out, I’m currently logging as my phone on the cloud. Surely I will be able to activate deactivate the ev station if I can get the good API. For now I’m only focussing on importing data :wink: I’ll check if I’m able to do so.

2 Likes

Completed and working so so… but it is working ;).

I’ll post on GitHub soon, here it is:

Michel

1 Like

Looking forward to this! thanks

Let me know… i will continue developing it. I want to add more state like charging, waiting done…

Michel

4 Likes

FYI, you can now install this via HACS. Thanks @drynish!

1 Like

@drynish Here are two python examples of accessing the ChargePoint API with username/password credentials:

These might be useful in your quest to remove the MITM credential step.

1 Like

I have two chargepoint home chargers and I love them. Here are the features that I would love to be able to implement:

1. as part of a “going to bed, shut off the lights routine” have the chargepoint notify me that if there is NOT a car plugged in. Just dealt with that this morning. Kinda sucks. It may be already able to do that natively, but I never set it up in their app. I might have the system turn on a RED light in my house as a warning.
  2. I am on a time of use plan in Texas called Griddy, where I pay a varying price that changes with market conditions, like every 5 minutes. I’d like to be able to issue a STOP command to the charger when the price is spiking, and also be able to issue a START command to tell it to immediately charge when power prices are really cheap or negative. I have my Chargepoint Home Chargers set up to only start charging about 1am to get cheap power that’s also most likely wind, so less likely its coal.

I am just getting into HomeAssistant and find that its very powerful, but also real tuff for a mech engineer who hasn’t programmed anything since visual basic. I am learning portainer, docker, ssh terminals and all that, so I just have to currently plead with others more capable than myself. Keep up the good work !!!

i’m attempting to run this through HACS but i do not see it come up in search under integrations.

It’s so in alpha stage right now and i wanted to find some time working on it. Have you found your key with mitmproxy?

I was trying to get my key through using mitmproxy. I installed the key from mitm.it and can load https pages in the browser through the proxy but the chargepoint app says “No internet connection” – how did you get the app to connect through the proxy?

1 Like

I was able to do this successfully with Charles MITM. I also have an Android so I had to dig out an old phone that was running Android 6.0 (M) or older in order to remove the app security requirements added in 7 (N). Then I was able to collect my key. I was not able to find my user id though. @drynish any tips?

Damn I don’t really remember, I don’t use the chargepoint anymore, it worked at best just ok. Look at all the data going through the “connection” between your phone and your chargepoint account, somehow the userid will appear.

Michel

@drynish is the Chargepoint Home Assistant integration no longer being worked on then?

Would love to see this work with GitHub - tmjo/charger-card: A lovelace card for electrical vehicle (EV) home chargers and charging robots.

1 Like

I would like too. No I’ve got a new home chargers (it’s a technove). It supports dual charging, meaning if you have two chargers (thus two cars), they will load balance between both. So instead of passing two cables, you can have two chargers on the same cable. Since my gf bought an electric vehicule also, I moved away from the chargepoint. Technove doesn’t have yet an API to talk to, but I hope sooner than later.

Michel