Choosing GPS tracking smartwatch with good integration

Hi,

I would like to buy a GPS-tracking smartwatch with an ability to call us (and us to LO) for my little one. I can of course find a ton of devices that are using some cloud solutions, where you need their specific phone app. Some might have an API or IFTTT integration, I haven’t found any though (in 10 mins), but mainly I would still prefer not using their cloud.

Therefore, what I am looking for:

1. child wrist [smart]watches under <100$ (i.e. not just a tag)
    2a. can send data to my own server running something like traccar or owntracks (here I found it might be possible via MQTT) so I could actually take the full leverage of the data and use whatever I need using homeassistant
    2b. alternatively, something that nicely integrates with homeassistant, ideally not through a 3rd party cloud (but that basically boils down to 2a if I am not mistaken)
  2. other functionality such as being able to call from/to the watch is still working (so I likely can’t just go with some totally alternative firmware/OS)

I don’t care that much about presence detection (it’s a nice bonus).

Is it possible to successfully sideload owntracks to any android watches?

Has anyone found such watches? I found some older posts like these:

1. Child Tracker
  2. https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/pux2rm/looking_for_a_good_device_tracker_for_a_kid/

but none of that contains satisfactory answers (we are not in Apple ecosystem, for example).

2 Likes

Im pretty much looking for the same thing.

1 Like

Me too!
Nothing half year later?

1 Like

There has to be away of doing this.