Cielo Home

Yeah it’s wierd. The only thing I havent’ done is default the Cielo Breeze Lite. Can you explain to me how the integration works? Does it need the Cielo Breeze Lite at all? Or does it connect to the Cielo servers and go from there? I am getting info from the Cielo website. IE: I change a name of the one device I have and it shows up in the HA. Just trying to figure this out.

Thanks

@edlentz connect to the Cielo server and receive the devices you register in the mobile app. Pretty basic cloud base!

So the mobile app connects to the Cielo Breeze device on my local network which connects to the Mr Cool. The HA app does the same? The Breeze Lite controls the Mr Cool from both the mobile app and the HA app ??

@edlentz let me rephrase that. The only communication is HA to the Cielo server, no local communication at all. For Mr Cool part i couldn’t say ! Probably the same if for some people my integration work on their Mr Cool HAVC.

OK I think I know what I have to do. Thanks for your explanations

How do you control the LED in the HA integration?

Hi,
I am having a hard time locating my username, its not under my profile. How can I log in if I only have email?

Cielo works but I’m missing functionality. Any thoughts what I did wrong here?

Can’t control mode, fan, and several other standard settings I’m seeing functioning above.

@ilkinandr92 the same you enter in the mobile app.

@McGyver88 if your device is supported the button light will appear!

@Llskoolj can you control it in the mobile app? Do you have any error on the HA logs?

@bodyscape I can control it, bur functionality only show on/off and temp. Not the full set of option I’d expect like mode (heat/cool/auto/dry/…) or fan etc.

Not sure how best to pull logs for you, but would be happy to if you point me in the right direction.

Any idea why the integration shows constant changes/events, even though nothing happens. The screenshot on the GitHub installation shows similar behavior! My logbook shows 7 changes within the same second. (screenshot). This is connected to a generic Mini Split, sold as Mr Cool and numerous other names.

Cielo logbook

@Llskoolj you can check on this page for the log : System Log - Home Assistant.

@cvanover7 sorry i can’t help you for Mr Cool integration. I made this one for Cielo Home. I don’t know why some people said this work on Mr Cool, no idea how Mr Cool work.

This is for Cielo. There are numerous AC unit manufactures, such as Mr Cool, but the question is for Cielo and Mr Cool is an AC brand that is certified by Cielo.

@cvanover7 do you have any error in the HA logs?

I can confirm this works with MrCool units. I have this functioning with a multi-zone unit. Only feature missing is the ability to enable Freeze Protection mode. Thank you for this integration!

Thanks for your work on this.

I can connect to Cielo, but I have very limited functionality. I am getting a couple errors and I wonder if that’s the cause.

Logger: homeassistant.components.climate
Source: custom_components/cielo_home/cielohomedevice.py:411
Integration: Climate (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:14:08 PM (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:35:51 PM

Error while setting up cielo_home platform for climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 320, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/config/custom_components/cielo_home/climate.py", line 49, in async_setup_entry
    entity = CieloHomeThermostat(device)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/cielo_home/climate.py", line 108, in __init__
    self._update_internal_state()
  File "/config/custom_components/cielo_home/climate.py", line 162, in _update_internal_state
    self._attr_swing_mode = self._device.get_swing_mode()
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/cielo_home/cielohomedevice.py", line 563, in get_swing_mode
    if self.get_swing() == "auto":
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/cielo_home/cielohomedevice.py", line 411, in get_swing
    return self._device["latestAction"]["swing"]
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^
KeyError: 'swing'

@Sharpbarb try the version 1.4.6! :wink: