Climate Airconwithme

There is a PR for IntesisHome integration with local API support:

Add IntesisBox + IntesisHome local support by jnimmo · Pull Request #57883 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I’m using local connection with Airconwithme WiFi module for more than 3 months now.

If you want to use it too, you need to install manually, because PR is missing some config flow tests and can’t be merged right now.

You can find installation instructions in my comment here.

2 Likes

Can you please share an example of the configuration.yaml? I am not sure how to configure the airconwithme part to use the API… Like, do you need to confige the IP instead of the credentials?

EDIT: fixed, see post 45

1 Like

What is the user / pass. I’m coming from a Homey and there it is Admin for username, but password is left blank.

Did you try
username: admin
password: admin

Works for me for Airconwithme.

If anyone needs the config for Airconwithme using the local API:

- platform: intesishome
  device: intesishome_local
  username: admin
  password: admin
  host: 192.168.1.xx
Deze fout is ontstaan door een aangepaste integratie.

Logger: homeassistant
Source: custom_components/intesishome/climate.py:172
Integration: intesishome
First occurred: 21:57:03 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 21:57:03

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/intesishome/climate.py", line 172, in async_setup_platform
    await controller.poll_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyintesishome/intesishomelocal.py", line 155, in poll_status
    await self._authenticate()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyintesishome/intesishomelocal.py", line 62, in _authenticate
    response = await self._request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyintesishome/intesishomelocal.py", line 74, in _request
    async with self._web_session.post(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 1138, in __aenter__
    self._resp = await self._coro
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 559, in _request
    await resp.start(conn)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py", line 898, in start
    message, payload = await protocol.read()  # type: ignore[union-attr]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/streams.py", line 616, in read
    await self._waiter
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ServerDisconnectedError: Server disconnected

Doesnt seem to work.

I am having the same error, but it works, did you check for new climate devices?

Yes , checked, but unfortunately nothing got added :frowning:

Was missing a few .py files. Now it gets added. Thanks!

Can anybody tell me how to install this? I was not able to find a location to download the files and can also not find intesis as integration within HACS :frowning:

I also tried to create folder/files manually in file editor but alson does not work.

The Intesis integration comes with the standard Home Assistant installation.
First create a userid / password using the Airconwithme application.
Then use the userid / password to configure Home Assistant using the instructions in IntesisHome - Home Assistant

1 Like

Hmm I`ve no idea what I’m doing wrong.
I’ve added this to my yaml:

Airconwithme

climate:

• platform: intesishome
    username: xxxx (Aircon ID)
    password: xxxx (Aircon PW)
    device: airconwithme

But what should I do next to find my devices?

You can find your devices in Developer Tools / states Link to Developer Tools: States – My Home Assistant
Use “Filter entities” to search for “climate.”
Your airco device should pop up.

Another place where you can see your devices is “Settings / devices & services” Link to Settings – My Home Assistant

And try to remove the line starting a with “device:” and restart Home Assistant.
You know you can check your YAML config file in Developer Tools / YAML?

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: I can see them via the first link. But after deleting the line starting a with “device:” the status is "unavailable.

And I can still not see both devices via the second link “Settings / devices & services”.

Any idea?

Update: When I again add the line starting a with “device:” - The correct status is shown, but I can still not see my devices via “Settings / devices & services”.

Update 2:
I can now use both via Dashboard and everything wirks fine.

But I’m still not able to find them via “Settings / devices & services” and I have no idea how I should use them within Homekit without this part :frowning:

Very weird. Please leave the ‘device:’ line in, if you see the correct status.

1 Like

Yes that works and I can manage all functions within homeassistant, but how can I now get them into Homekit? :slight_smile:

Let me think on why you do not see the devices in Settings / devices & services. Perhaps you see a new integration in your integration list?

About Homekit: please read HomeKit - Home Assistant
You need to

1. add the Homekit integration
  2. add some lines to your configuration.yaml
  3. reboot
  4. in Apple Homekit: add your Home Assistant instance

What are the names of your airco’s? I will try to write some YAML for you

1 Like

Homekit is already in place for many other integrations :slight_smile:

I can only see the two airco’s as entity but not as a device.

I checked my configuration. My airco is only listed as an entity, and it is not in the device list. I guess it’s meant to be that way (and I made a mistake referring you to the devices page)

1 Like

Homekit is already in place for many other integrations :slight_smile:

That’s wonderful!
Please add the two climate entities in your homekit config, and reboot Home Assistant My entry looks like

homekit:
  name: HASS Homekit bridge
  filter:
    include_entities:
      - climate.slaapkamer
1 Like

I think that this is a stupid question, but can you tell me where I can find the homekit config?