Climate configuration in full: FAN, Oscillation, mode KNX

hi all,

i desperately looking for .yaml programation, complete for DAikin inverters.

i succeed partially but i dont find the way to complete the configuration in full.

here is my .yaml configuration i made and which works:

and here is the results:

i would be grateful if some one could give me the program template in yaml to integrate the fan, oscillation to be able to manage in full my Climate/Inverters.

i m stuck. if the topic already exist somewhere, with the YAML code, please give me the linke

2 Likes

Seemingly this is not supported in the climate module and there seem to be no plans to extend the climate module for such functionality - check out this thread: Feature request: Add Fan mode and Swing mode to climate KNX devices · Issue #466 · XKNX/xknx · GitHub

It seems a workaround via the fan module though is possible, e.g. i’ve used this:

- name: "Bedroom Fan UP/DN"
        address: "0/7/20"
        state_address: "0/7/21"
        oscillation_address: "0/7/31" #up/down
        oscillation_state_address: "0/7/22" #up/down

unfortunately i cannot model the left/right function properly yet. But maybe that somehow helps you.

It’s not a work around, that’s the designed path. If you have a fan, you’ll need to make a fan entity. Most functionality in HA is separated into entities. Then you have a device w/ multiple entities. I.e. in this case you’d have your thermostat device page w/ 2 entities a climate and fan.

Thanks for the explanation, but I somewhat disagree. That “fan” we talk about is part of the AC itself, so i believe it should be incorporated into the climate function as requested in the linked FR on GitHub as well.
The built in fan logically doesn’t have a on/off function as its always on when the AC itself is on.

Do you have any advice how to implement two oscillations? As my AC can do left/right and up/down at the same time (each fixed steps, off and auto). I cannot use the same (state_)address for two fan entities as it must be unique…

Yes, that’s why you have a “AC device”. With a series of controls. Here’s an example of my thermostat:

Notice how it also has a fan control? Notice how each sensor is broken out? This is how home assistant is designed. You’re welcome to disagree with me but this design pattern isn’t going to change.

And it doesn’t have to. It’s not a requirement for fans. However fans do have oscillate, it only makes sense to offer that up as a fan. Or a separate entity, like a select entity, where you just choose a mode.

If they are just 2 modes and you don’t have a state, make template entities using the modbus.write_register or modbus.write_coil. You can make 2 template selects that contain your option list and your template will call the correct register or coil.

1 Like

Thanks! I am already converting the modbus into KNX using a master controller. I’ve tested the select option for now to send a custom knx payload for them.
Looks like this now (in case someone comes around this too) - I’ve got some Sinclair devices (more or less same like GREE).

- name: "Living Room Fan Up/Down"
    address: "0/7/8"
    state_address: "0/7/6"
    payload_length: 1
    options:
      - option: "Off"
        payload: "0"
      - option: "Auto"
        payload: "1"
      - option: "Up" # Angle 1
        payload: "2"
      - option: "Middle" # Angle 3
        payload: "4"
      - option: "Down" # Angle 5
        payload: "6"
  - name: "Living Room Fan Left/Right"
    address: "0/7/14"
    state_address: "0/7/7"
    payload_length: 1
    options:
      - option: "Off"
        payload: "0"
      - option: "Auto"
        payload: "1"
      - option: "Left" # Angle 1
        payload: "2"
      - option: "Middle" # Angle 3
        payload: "4"
      - option: "Right" # Angle 5
        payload: "6"

Nice would be if that swing would be part of the fan control though, but it doesn’t seem to support any mode (just on and off). I understand your argumentation with the separate controls though, thanks!
The swings have a state that is sent into a state address each properly by the master controller into the bus.

I have not worked with templates yet, but I will check it if its a better way instead of using select.

1 Like