Climate group

Your welcome and greetings back from Hamburg :wink:

1 Like

I’ve marked tobi-bo’s post as the solution. You can do this in future. Click the three dots icon below the post that helped you to show the solution button.

Also in future please don’t post pictures of text. Post the text correctly formatted. That way it is a lot easier for others to help you using copy/edit/paste.

1 Like

I want to create a group of climate entities (thermostats) and to be able to count the thermostat on / off states to make it visible within a mushroom chips template card. I tried the solution here GitHub - daenny/climate_group: Home Assistant Climate Group. But it only shows on but does not give any number of on entities within the group.

Any hints on that?

Found it in this moment with your solution above. Thank you.

I was wondering if it’s possible to create a group of thermostats (climate) from the Helpers page
https://blahblahblah.duckdns.org:8123/config/helpers

If so, after choosing Group, what kind of helper to pick ?..

2 Likes

Im currently stuck on this too, there’s no climate group under helpers

I did it manually for my 3 AC units.

In groups.yaml

thermostats:
  name: Thermostats
  entities:
    - climate.master_bedroom
    - climate.kid1_bedroom
    - climate.kid2_bedroom

Then in a card

- type: entity
  entity: group.thermostats
  state_color: true

I can tap that tile and see the details for each of the 3 units.

This would be a very cool option!

take a look at climate_group

it hasnt had any activity in years and there are pull requests still waiting to add external temp sensor.
it would be better if this was absorbed into the main build of home assistant but it would still need someone to maintain it

problem with the built in group is that it creates a “group” which isnt of type “climate” which is required for thermostat cards

2 Likes

Hi, @magiva,
I found the possibility with climate_group some days ago. I have a question and I hope you to be able - and so friendly - to help me:

So far, I only managed to build one group, but I woul like to build a second one. Perhaps, the question or rather the answer is too simple, but I am not yet an expert on Home Assistant…

I have tried several times but did not succeed. Could you please give me a hint to solve this problem? Thanks a lot!

Finally, I’ve just found the solution. The good “trial and error” method led to the goal…

How about you give us your solution too, so more people can use it? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve downloaded the latest blueprint to allow me to see my window sensor group. That’s great. Is there a solution for climate groups to turn off >1 thermostats in multiple zoned setups?

As of 2024.1, the HACS climate.group integration no longer works. (Dev stated on Git that he no longer maintains the code).

Therefore users with the need to group no longer have a work around.

Please upvote the feature request to allow this much needed functionality to be implemented: Climate Group Helper

1 Like

using file editor, change the following lines in /custom_components/climate_group/climate.py to use new constants names:

SUPPORT_FLAGS = (
    ClimateEntityFeature.TARGET_TEMPERATURE | ClimateEntityFeature.TARGET_TEMPERATURE_RANGE | ClimateEntityFeature.PRESET_MODE | ClimateEntityFeature.SWING_MODE | ClimateEntityFeature.FAN_MODE
)

# HVAC Action priority
HVAC_ACTIONS = [
    HVACAction.HEATING,
    HVACAction.COOLING,
    HVACAction.DRYING,
    HVACAction.FAN,
    HVACAction.IDLE,
    HVACAction.OFF,
    None,
]

change also line 319:

for hvac_mode in HVAC_MODES[1:] + [HVACMode.OFF]:

5 Likes

Which file needs to be modified ?

/custom_components/climate_group/climate.py

This dit the trick.

Thx!

Hi, there are serveral forks. I’m currently using GitHub - IIsSchulstad/climate_group: Home Assistant Climate Group in 2024.1 that works for me.
There are also other newer forks whitch are adapted to 2024.1. You have to try it out to find out what suits you.