Climate HVAC Modes with KNX Integration

Yes this is exactly a DPT 20.102 in my KNX Thermostat, but its’ not clear to me what is the best way to manage it in HA and if there is any possibility to map/remap the HA preset to my wording in a HA climate card.

Use its GA in operation_mode_address or operation_mode_state_address.

See https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/knx/#climate all available options, their DPTs and their mappings are documented.

I find the mapping that has been used from DPT 20.102 to Home Assistant climate presets not correct.
DPT 20.102 has:
0 - Auto
1 - Comfort
2 - Standby
3 - Economy
4 - Building protection
And the current used mapping is:
0 → None
1 → Comfort
2 → Away (whatever that means in a climate context - being away from the climate area?)
3 → Sleep
4 → Eco
Comfort and Sleep are correct. But mode 2 is a mode where it is a bit less comfort and less energy used. So it is usally called “Economy” or “PreComfort” on several KNX thermostats. Setting to Away is at least misleading to me.
Mode 4 is also something which is considered as “Off” in most KNX thermostats. Build protection sets very low/high limits (7C for heating, 35C for cooling for example) so it is almost “Off” state. Setting it to “eco” makes no sense at all.
Where can I correctly report this so devs can see it?

1 Like

What is your proposal to map these differently?
And does it really justify introducing a breaking change to all users?

1 Like

I understand that changing the mapping will change the behavior of current installations (even mine) so it is not a good idea. However, displaying “eco” for an option that is similar to Off (Building protection) is not nice. So my proposal is to be able to change those strings and their display order to whatever you like. Under the hood (for automations) the names can stay what they are, but we need a way to change the display of those values to strings that are appropriate for this type of installation.

1 Like

That is not possible, unfortunately. It’s part of HAs climate entity model.