Cloud and google problem "couldn´t update the settings. Check your connection"

Hi to all,
after some powers problems here in my apartment, I realized that google assistante, will always had a problem and then I´d have to unlink and link back, sync doesen´t work don´t know why. But after the last power problem google doesn´t want to relink again it shows the following message when I tried: “couldn´t update the settings. Check your connection”.
Cloud is showing connected in my frontend, I don´t seem to have any configuation problem, I´m using hassos last update 0.84.6, and he only thing different in my logs is the following

unexpected error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cloud/iot.py", line 97, in connect
    yield from self._handle_connection()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cloud/iot.py", line 153, in _handle_connection
    yield from hass.async_add_job(auth_api.check_token, self.cloud)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cloud/auth_api.py", line 108, in check_token
    if cognito.check_token():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/warrant/__init__.py", line 260, in check_token
    self.renew_access_token()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/warrant/__init__.py", line 555, in renew_access_token
    AuthParameters=auth_params,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/client.py", line 312, in _api_call
    return self._make_api_call(operation_name, kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/client.py", line 592, in _make_api_call
    operation_model, request_dict)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/endpoint.py", line 141, in make_request
    return self._send_request(request_dict, operation_model)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/endpoint.py", line 170, in _send_request
    success_response, exception):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/endpoint.py", line 249, in _needs_retry
    caught_exception=caught_exception, request_dict=request_dict)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/hooks.py", line 227, in emit
    return self._emit(event_name, kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/hooks.py", line 210, in _emit
    response = handler(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/retryhandler.py", line 183, in __call__
    if self._checker(attempts, response, caught_exception):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/retryhandler.py", line 251, in __call__
    caught_exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/retryhandler.py", line 277, in _should_retry
    return self._checker(attempt_number, response, caught_exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/retryhandler.py", line 317, in __call__
    caught_exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/retryhandler.py", line 223, in __call__
    attempt_number, caught_exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/botocore/retryhandler.py", line 359, in _check_caught_exception
    raise caught_exception
botocore.exceptions.EndpointConnectionError: Could not connect to the endpoint URL: "https://cognito-idp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

don´t know if has anything to do, I really apreciate the help
rgds

in the google dev console, enable the test again… it needs to be enabled from time to time. Then you should be able to relink it.

1 Like

Hi thanks, sorry but didnt understando, where is this dev console? Just to be clear I’m not using google actions, I’m using cloud.

Oh sorry… didn’t realise you were using cloud…

Now problem seem to be the cloud, I signed out and tried to sign in again and gave me this error:

Log Details (ERROR)
Mon Jan 14 2019 22:35:51 GMT-0200 (Brasilia Summer Time)

Error handling message: {'type': 'cloud/subscription', 'id': 16}
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cloud/http_api.py", line 310, in websocket_subscription
    response = await cloud.fetch_subscription_info()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cloud/__init__.py", line 210, in fetch_subscription_info
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(auth_api.check_token, self)
concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py", line 16, in _handle_async_response
    await func(hass, connection, msg)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cloud/http_api.py", line 310, in websocket_subscription
    response = await cloud.fetch_subscription_info()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/async_timeout/__init__.py", line 45, in __exit__
    self._do_exit(exc_type)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/async_timeout/__init__.py", line 92, in _do_exit
    raise asyncio.TimeoutError
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError

Anyone could help me?

very frustating as I´m paying for this and couldn´t use it for over a week

Did you log a ticket with Nobu casa?

yes no answer as well, I´m trying to reach also in github as I saw some logs in my supervisor

19-01-15 21:25:20 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API request initialize
19-01-15 21:25:20 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] Unauthorized WebSocket access!

I think it´s and HassOS problem and not cloud as my darksky went down as well

For me the issue causing this problem was invalid certificate on Hass

I too was having this exact same issue - I still had the 'allow_unlock: true` in my configuration.yaml which is no longer supported. So as a result, the component did not load. Once I removed this line from my config, everything fired right back up as usual.

I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but the 2nd step 3 of account linking (below the screenshot), it says to click the Develop tab, and then Test in the top right corner. The problem is I dont have that Test button, as seen on this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/ByFCSMF.png

Is the manual outdated or am I doing something wrong?