College Football game sensor (scores, possession, etc)

I’ve tweaked @zacs NFL sensor to work with College Football. He is all to thank for this!
Seriously you are the man!

A link to his NFL sensor - GitHub - zacs/ha-nfl: NFL game scores custom component for Home Assistant
NFL game sensor (scores, possession, etc)

Please see installation instructions in the github README.

A link to the tweaked version for college football.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks for the integration! This also works great with the custom NFL card provided by @D34DC3N73R: GitHub - D34DC3N73R/ha-nfl-card: A Home Assistant frontend custom card for the ha-nfl integration.

How do you configure the nfl card to work with this? I’m using the appropriate sensor, but getting the following:

Is your college sensor working? Check it with Developer Tools - States. If the state of the entity/sensor is unavailable or unknown, the NFL card will display “better luck next year”. When the college team has a bye week, I think I got the same message on the NFL card.

That might be it. Alabama definitely has a bye week. I also removed the group, so Texas may not be showing up. They both show NOT FOUND in states.

I was able to get it working by using UGA (which I hate lol, but I know they’re top 25). ALA and TEX are not working. I realize they’re in different conferences and UT is not top 25, but Alabama is, so not sure why they’re not showing.

If these teams were just on a bye week, give it until tomorrow morning. The new week hits the API on Tuesday mornings.