Comelit Video Intercom

Would it be possible to get Comelit Video Intercom integrated into HASS?

They also have a mobile App.

Hope a solution someday , by now dont find anything .

Still nothing?:confused:

I have a Comelit wifi mini 6741W, anyone knows how to integrate in HA?

Any new ideas maybe about comelit? :slight_smile:

I quit waiting for a solutionā€¦

So I thought on something easier, like using a wemos and connect to it.
Now is there any way to have a dry contact when some calls at door bell?
And how do I open the door? Is there an extra button that I can add a relay to it connected to the wemos?

JS

Hello.
Iā€™m in contact with Comelit guys to see if we can make an add-on that integrates Comelit devices on Home Assisstant.

But meanwhile Iā€™m digging my devices manuals, and found out that I can use RTE/COM input on my 4893M device to trigger the door lock. So I can use that signal to open the door from Home Assistantā€¦
Iā€™m still searching how can I get the door ring information, so I can send to HA when someone rings, and then trigger what I want to do with thatā€¦
If someone is interested in that let me knowā€¦

JS

1 Like

So what guys from comelit thinks about integration? Can they share some protocol description? I use 1456 gateway for my intercom communicationsā€¦

They are still checking this option.
I just installed a Shelly 1 to open the door, and it works great. I just now need to get a signal when someone rings the doorā€¦

We have just had a Comelit 6741W (wifi enable model) installed into the apartment block. The App seems to use SIP to communicate (voice & one way video)/to allow building entry for say delivery of parcels if you are away from your home.
An integration into HA to view callers, interact with them and release the door latch would be fantastic.

Just to chime in, we also have a 6741W and Iā€™d love to connect it. I know my way around programming but am pretty new to HA. Anyone have any tips to get started on an integration? Feeling a little in over my head on this one.

How did you connect the Shelly 1 to the Comelit device to control unlocking the door?

Iā€™m exchanging my Comelit with Dahua ones right now.
But what I did was bouhgt an comelit external bell, and hooked up to a Shelly 1, this way I knew when someone rang the door (in HA Iā€™ve triggered an event to snapshot my front camera and send via Telegram)
Then using the dry contact of Shelly 1 I was able to connect to comelit external ā€œopen doorā€ signal and open the doorā€¦
Iā€™m sure that using the wifi communication of the device it was a lot easier, but I was unable to find an easier solutionā€¦

If you need help with this let me know.
Iā€™m also selling all Comelit parts, so if you want I can sell you the extra bell.

Regards,

Juilio Silva

Ahh thats very cool, appreciate all the info! So the Shelly unit was actually connected to the external comelit unit not the door monitor unit located inside your home?

Yep. Check manual

Any news on this? It would be a really nice add to home assistant!

I found a project on Github which allows unlocking the door through terminal. I tested it out and it actually works pretty well. GitHub - madchicken/comelit-client: Simple CLI to interact with Comelit HUB, Vedo and Comelit Serial Bus

2 Likes

Someone managed to integrate that CLI somehow in HASS?

Tried it today, itā€™s pretty simple with the Node Red Addon and a few tweaks to the openDoor function.
Seems to work quite well.

You have to add the comelit-client to the config for the node red addon under npm packages.

Now add the code below in a function node (on message): (the code is quick and dirty without any variables, you must hardcode everything).

Finally add the two libraries log4js and comelit-client under the setup page.

Everything should work now.

// Code added here will be run once
// whenever the node is started.
const logger = log4js.getLogger("out");
logger.level = "info";

node.log("Trying to connect...");

const client = new comelitClient.IconaBridgeClient("X.X.X.X", 64100, logger);
await client.connect();
node.log("Connected!");
try {
  const code = await client.authenticate("XXXXXXX");
  if (code === 200) {
    const addressBook = await client.getConfig("none", false);
    node.warn(addressBook);
    const serverInfo = await client.getServerInfo(false);
    node.warn(serverInfo);
    const addressBookAll = await client.getConfig("all", false);
    node.warn(addressBookAll);
    const item = addressBookAll.vip["user-parameters"][
      "opendoor-address-book"
    ].find((doorItem) => doorItem.name === "DOOR NAME");
    if (item) {
      node.warn(
        `Opening door ${item.name} at address ${item["apt-address"]} and index ${item["output-index"]}`
      );
      node.warn(await client.getServerInfo());
      await client.openDoor(addressBookAll.vip, item);
    } else {
      logger.error(
        `No door with name ${"DOOR NAME"} found in config. Available door names are: ${addressBookAll.vip[
          "user-parameters"
        ]["opendoor-address-book"]
          .map((d) => d.name)
          .join(", ")}`
      );
    }
    await client.shutdown();
  } else {
    node.error(
      `Error while authenticating: server responded with code ${code}`
    );
  }
} catch (e) {
  node.error("Error while executing openDoor command", e);
} finally {
  await client.shutdown();
}

return msg;

Thanks a lot Joe! I managed to get it working - that is great:)

1 Like