Comelit Video Intercom

Hello! I’m new to Home Assistant. Does anyone know how to expose Comelit 6741W to HomeKit to get the video and calls in HomeKit? Is it even possible?

We are getting this device installed today. I can’t really figure out if it officially has Homekit support to open the door, does that work for you? I don’t need to get video and calls in HASS, but opening would be nice…

Ciao, qualcuno è riuscito ad integrare l’allarme vedo 34?

Can you get a video from doorbell camera? Or only door open switch?

Did you get video from doorbell camera or only switch to open the door?

C’è percaso una guida passo passo?

Let me add a few more details to what joeyboey did above. I tested it for the Comelit 6741W.

1. Install the Node Red Addon

2. Before starting the Node Red Addon make sure that you include the comelit-client under npm_packages. For some reason the GUI was not working properly, so I had to add it manually in yaml:

npm_packages:
  - comelit-client

1. Now you may start the Node Red Addon and make sure no error occurs.

2. In the next step should add a trigger of your choice (for testing purposes, you may use inject) and connect it to a function node.

3. Double click on the function node and go to settings and add the two modules log4js and comelit-client. To do so, you should click on add type in log4js and comelit-client under module. The variable filed is filled automatically. However, it should be log4js ans comelitClient.

4. Now leave the start and end tab untouched and copy the above mentioned code to the function tab (the English name might be different).

5. Replace X.X.X.X by the ip address of your Comelit device.

6. To get the client.authenticate (it’s a 32 char long string) please follow the instructions in https://github.com/madchicken/comelit-client/wiki/Get-your-user-token-for-ICONA-Bridge#get-your-user-token-for-icona-brigde-communication

7. Either you know your door name, then replace DOOR NAME or you take a closer look to the log where all available door names are listed. You may find the log under Home Assistant → Settings → System → Logs → Choose Node-Red in the top right corner.

Thanks for the extra info. I’m considering buying the 6741W to replace a 6701W

Is everything fully functional?

Meaning, are you able to receive events for:

• Someone rings the bell
  • Video from outside camera
  • Communicate with whomever is ringing
  • Open door

Thanks!

Only the open door function is working. Seeing the video or even communicate with the visitor is not (yet?) possible as far as I know.

1 Like

Sorry for the ignorance, but where is the yaml file? I don’t see any in the config folder of node red. Also I don’t see the “npm_packages:” anywhere to include the comelit-client line…
I’m using node red in docker, but not HA-addon.

Not sure if there is a difference between a regular HA-addon or having it running in docker. That is how it looks to me (Settings → Addons → Node-RED → Configuration:

1 Like

I don’t have thi soption, but i managed to install login into a bash of the docker container and typing npm install comelit-client.

Perfect. Did you manage to get the other steps working?

Does this only work with the Bridge? I only have the 6741W in my Apartment in Building Mode? I would like to add a ring to open mode. So can i receive the ring signal with Nodered?

The approach above works without a Bridge. However, it is solely limited to opening the door. You won’t get any notification when someone rings the bell. Maybe it is possible, but I don’t know how…

Thank you all, I installed node-red just for this, I hope someone could write some kind of integration in HA itself in the future (I wish I could myself!)

Meanwhile I created a button helper to call the function and it works well. Is there other way of making some kind of Lock entity to look nicer?

I forgot to tell that I had to change the S3 jumper behind the intercom to keep it connected permanently and not only when someone rings.

2 Likes

I wish there was a proper integration, I have 6741W and struggling with integration. Node RED is not a very simple piece of software.

What is the step you are struggling with?

with the release of 2023-09, a new “core” integration was introduced for integrating Comelit devices: Comelit SimpleHome - Home Assistant
It would be nice to give this thread his life back and tried to also integrate the Comelit doorbells (6741W) into the official integration.

We have the following things to implement:

• get notification when someone rings the door
  • remote open the door
  • get the camera stream (or a snapshot when someone rings)
  • 2-way talking

(the last 2 will be the hard part)

5 Likes

Did you get the new add-on work with a Comelit Doorbell? I did not, as I don’t know which PIN to insert.