Comelit Video Intercom

Follow this instructions:

Plus one more thing… uncompress the users.cfg file… Is compressed too

The Comelit Smart intercom 6741W does not work with the Bridge. This is more like an “standalone” product, hence no way to extract a “pin” of some sort.

However, there is a small web server running also on port 8080 (The default password is “admin” not comelit) just as the comelit hub has. But you cannot click on “backup/Restore” as mentioned on Github.

Is there anyway we can implement this doorbell is the real question. Because, currently at the moment, this doorbell is not supported by the “official” integration and is not supported by any 3th party HACS integration.

Keep in mind that the intercom needs to be in “Kit Mode” (Physical Dip Switch S3 - 1 “ON”), permanently connected to wifi, If the unit is configured in “Building Mode” (which it is at default), the unit will only connect to wifi when someone rings the doorbell which is not desirable when we want to implement this into home assistant.

I had to change the dip switch as well, but a Comelit technician told me that it can be unsafe if a lot of neighbours change it, they will draw too much power from the power source.

I ended installing a Ring Intercom on sale, is much more reliable than the native Comelit app. The only thing is that is an audio-only device

I am trying also to understand if it is possibile to extend the official integration with Comelit doorbells (6741W).
Anyone has the possibility to write to Chemelli74 to ask him?

Thank You All

I tried to get information from the web interface but there is nothing about the pin code
Same problem for me to configure my 6741W

I don’t think it’s as you wrote,

I tried to access my 6741W

from port 8080,
this is what I found:

then I saved the backup file:

and I followed these instructions:

token extracted :slight_smile:

try on his git: chemelli74 (Simone Chemelli) · GitHub

I think your technician installed extra hardware? Like some kind of an controller?
If I go to the IP of the comelit 6741w and login as admin, I cannot extract anything.
I think you are going to the IP of that extra hardware. Is the doorbell working with the steps you did?

Maybe I just have to purchase that controller. something like this: https://comelitgroup.com/en/systems/home-automation/system-managers/comelit-hub/
I don’t know.

I’ve no extra hardware, but I think it’s due to “administrator user”

I logged in with password “admin”, is there another password that log in under a different user?
EDIT: I was logging in with the wrong password. the correct password to use is “comelit”
I Can now extract the backup, you where right @MicheleMercuri

2 Likes

I found this Repo GitHub - plusvic/simplebus2-intercom: General description of the Simplebus2 protocol used by some Comelit's intercoms. Hardware for retransmitting Simplebus2 messages over UART.
maybe someone can integrate this into the ICONA manager CLI in this repo? GitHub - madchicken/comelit-client: Simple CLI to interact with Comelit HUB, Vedo and Comelit Serial Bus
This is unfortunately too technical for me :confused:
I also found an old android app in this documentation: https://staticpro.comelitgroup.com/storage/2018/02/900/2G40001442.pdf
this can be configured on the web gui

this was apparently an app that could control the device locally (But isn’t working anymore on newer android versions)

maybe someone is smart enough to reverse engineer it this way?

Putting this library here for future reference (Maybe this can help someone):

I don’t know if any of you have already tried integrating the door/gate opening through Alexa+Comelit; with this service, you can open the device (door or gate) connected to Comelit.
Service is activated by a custom-button-card

type: custom:button-card
entity: input_button.comelit_pedonale
name: |
  [[[
   var d = new Date(entity.last_changed);
   return 'Canc. Pedonale (' +  `${d.getHours()}:${d.getMinutes()}` + ')'
  ]]]
size: 25%
icon: mdi:gate-alert
color: red
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: media_player.play_media
  data:
    media_content_id: Apertura cancello pedonale
    media_content_type: routine
  target:
    entity_id: media_player.echo_dot

Hello

I need your help with connecting my comelit 6741W door intercom to home assistant.
I tried the HACS version with the yaml file but it is not working.

This is the yaml file:
next to HOST I wrote the IP adress of the device
USERNAME I wrote ADMIN (is this correct?
PASSWORD I used COMELIT (I think this is correct?)
And SERIAL I used the SN I found on the infotab of the device where I only used the numbers and not the letters, it looks like this 0025242629
Do I have the change any other things in this yaml file?
And are the things I changed correct?

When I confirm the configuration, I get an error message in the messages tab:

And these are the logs related to this error:

Thank you for helping me with this.

Regards

Hi Michele, does it work?
Can you also share the routine alexa side?
Are you able to open (unlock) the door? I’m only can choose “block” :frowning:

We can’t connect to home assistant our comelit 6741W, there’s no integration that works.

I can open everything is connected to comelit (I’ve 2 gates connected), as well as I can receive notifications if someone ring the intercom, but only by a workaround by Alexa skills . NB home assistant call service name and Alexa skill mus have same identical name or nothing will works.

Thanks Michele.
Another question.
I’m not able to open the gate (apriporta in comelit) through Alexa routine. I’m only able to open a 2° door (attuatore in comelit)

Do you have the 2 gates on comelit as “attuatore”?

I think I got it.
I disable the secure mode for the opendoor trough the admin interface of the comelit (ip:8080)

After that, I reconfigure the integration with Alexa and then I was able to choose “On” trough the routine.

Some contributors and me developed a bridge between Comelit Simplebus2 and MQTT. At the moment just with basic functions without audio/video, but ringing, open, ring-to-open, etc. is running. An ESPhome firmware version is linked on this page. If still someone is interested in integrating Comelit Intercoms into HA which do not come out of the box with smart functions, maybe this could be what you are searching for: