Community Hass.io Add-on: Homebridge

Hi @Schneider
Yes same problem. I will try so use my DNS.
But if this works, its not a satisfying solution for me.:grin:

1 Like

Yes! I hope it helps for now.

Too bad it lags a bit since the command has to go over the internetā€¦

Cheers mate.

Hello @kolossboss! How are you today?

I was wondering if you managed to fix this Host issue?

Here are two examples of me opening up the Home App on both Wifi and 3G, outsite my LAN.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ibH7t7CVhuSn3Xz53

Thanks!

Hi, sorry for late response @Schneider

No, adding my DNS to the config.yaml does not make change for me. Its still not working most of the time. I say most of the time, because for any reasons, sometimes itā€™s working. Dont know exactly whats the Problem.
But your response time over 3G is pretty bad. For me its maybe one Second

But I have a seconds issue what is more important for me.

When I restart Hassio/HA/Raspberry, homebridge does not set up my zwave devices. I had to restart homebridge manually. But then, all my Home.app settings for the zwave devices are gone. Like room settings or automations. Thats very annoying.

I think the reason for this is a delay Home Assistant, setting up the zwave component during a restart. I see this entry in my log

2017-09-21 17:08:51 WARNING (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.zwave] zwave not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway

I see no problems in Home Assistant with zwave.

The question is:

Is it possible to configure a startup delay for homebridge? So all my devices are found by homebridge? I did something similar in the systemd service file for the AIO installation. But no idea how hass.io is working :unamused:

thx for helping

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer!

Amazing, your response in 3G is incredibly fast!

Do you have an Apple TV on Ethernet?

I am using an iPad 2 Mini (Wifi) always on, mounted on my wallā€¦ I belive that this is not helping at all.

Iā€™m sorry but I cannot help you with this zwave problem, I am not a developer or expert user hehe I really wish I couldā€¦

Thanks a lot for your information!

Yes, I have an Apple TV 4 over ethernet. Maybe thats the reason.

1 Like

Every time I try to install the homebridge plugin, I get this error:

17-09-26 16:05:53 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [hassio.dock.interface] Pull image hassioaddons/homebridge-armhf tag 1.0.3.
17-09-26 16:05:56 ERROR (SyncWorker_4) [hassio.dock.interface] Can't install hassioaddons/homebridge-armhf:1.0.3 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found ("no such image: hassioaddons/homebridge-armhf:1.0.3: No such image: hassioaddons/homebridge-armhf:1.0.3").

Any ideas?

Hi all.
Congrats on a great job!
Iā€™m running Hass.io on the latest version along with Homebridge add-on (ver 1.03) and I canā€™t seem to add the home bridge-foscam-ng plugin. I had this plugin running on my PI + Homebridge setup with no issues, but I canā€™t seem to have it running together with Hass.io + Homebridge add-on. My config files are the same.
This is the error Iā€™, getting on Hass.io+Homebridge plugin:

[10/7/2017, 9:25:59 AM] ====================
[10/7/2017, 9:25:59 AM] ERROR LOADING PLUGIN homebridge-foscam-ng:
[10/7/2017, 9:25:59 AM] Error: Error relocating /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-foscam-ng/node_modules/foscam-binary-client/build/Release/FoscamG726.node: alaw2linear: symbol not found
at Object.Module._extensionsā€¦node (module.js:598:18)
at Module.load (module.js:488:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:447:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:439:3)
at Module.require (module.js:498:17)
at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
at Object. (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-foscam-ng/node_modules/foscam-binary-client/lib/FoscamStreamLayer.js:5:20)
at Module._compile (module.js:571:32)
at Object.Module._extensionsā€¦js (module.js:580:10)
at Module.load (module.js:488:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:447:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:439:3)
at Module.require (module.js:498:17)
at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
at Object. (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-foscam-ng/node_modules/foscam-binary-client/index.js:6:26)
at Module._compile (module.js:571:32)
[10/7/2017, 9:25:59 AM] ====================

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance!

Just noticed when homebridge starts it says itā€™s version 0.3.3 but homebridge is up to 0.4.28. Any chance the add-on will be updated to the latest version of homebridge? Iā€™m just seeing some random issues with homebridge and Iā€™m wondering if theyā€™re fixed in the latest release.

The currently installed version is 0.4.26 in the add-on.

The 0.3.3 message is caused by Hass.io, not the add-on and does not say anything about the add-on itself.
(this message is shown in every add-on).

1 Like

Seems like the ā€˜homebridge-foscam-ngā€™ plugin requires external dependencies. Any change you no which dependencies it requires?

Is there any way to have homebridge 0.4.28? homebridge-zp now requires it.
Thanks!

Took some timeā€¦ finally got it working on both types of installations.

V2.0.0 is on its way!

3 Likes

:tada: Add-on: Homebridge v2.0.0

It has been a while since the Homebridge add-on was updated. There was a good reason for it. Today I release a completely new version of the Homebridge add-on!

Much work has been done in de past 2 months, in where my focus was building a solid base for all my existing and future add-ons. So I have created automated build & deploy workflows, created cross-platform build environments, and created new Docker base images aimed towards add-on development. All this allows me to create more stable add-ons quicker and hopefully more feature rich.

This release is a complete rewrite from scratch!

So this is just like a first version! If you encounter any issues, please, create an issue on GitHub. I will do my best to address those issues as soon as possible.

Please note, a lot has changed! Please check the documentation to read about all the new options, since they might affect you! This release WILL break stuff and is not fully backwards compatible, hence the major version change.

Full Changelog

Added

• Added CodeClimate
  • Added CircleCI
  • Added support for Hass.ioā€™s extended label schema
  • Added support for IPv6 (but can be disabled)
  • Added support for automatic detection of Avahi interfaces
  • Added support for manually limiting/changing the interfaces Avahi is using
  • Added automatic detection of the Avahi hostname
  • Added support for manually setting an Avahi hostname
  • Added support for changing Avahiā€™s domain name
  • Added support for installing custom OS packages
  • Added support for executing custom commands

Fixed

• Canā€™t use curl with this addon
  • Homebridge will not show in iOS app
  • Automatic restart needed
  • Siri will not lock or unlock a door. Home app will do this just fine.

Changed

• Reduced image size significantly
  • Migrated to the new Hass.io build system
  • Migrated to our new base images
  • Rewrite of add-on onto the S6 process supervisor
  • Updated Homebridge to 0.4.28
  • Updated Home Assistant Homebridge to 2.3.1
  • Updated Homebridge configuration template to include latest features
  • Updated all documentation files

This update is now available in your Hass.io panel.

5 Likes

Great job. Just upgraded.
How can I point Homebridge at my main Home assistant running on a different system?

@Dayve67 Just edit the /config/homebridge/config.json file. You will find the configuration parameters there.

Amazing work on version 2.0.0 it seems to be working well on my pi.

Iā€™m however looking at migrating my home assistant over to my Synology NAS as a docker image but I have to install the standard Home Assistant as opposed to HASSIO so will loose the homebridge add-on (amongst others). You mention in the 2.0.0 release notes that you have created new docker base images for the development, my question is , is there anyway to have homebridge add-on run in a docker and be accessible to a standard Home Assistant install?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got version 2.0.0 working. My question is how do I add additional homebridge plugins using this add on? Eg. i have a chamberlain garage opener which is not being displayed in the home app. I want to add the chamberlain package and update the config.

@Maaniac It is described in the documentation, including examples.
Direct link: https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-homebridge#option-plugins

There may be a workaround to get them running. Nevertheless, these add-ons were not designed for the purpose you are describing. For example, they rely on the API of Hass.io.

1 Like