Community Hass.io Add-on: Homebridge

The log are showing you have an error in your config.json file, causing it not to be a valid json file anymore.

does that mean that that plug in is no longer good/working? or does it mean that there’s something wrong with my code?

This means that YOUR config does not work. Like the output said you can check it online:

[2017-11-16 08:53:00] Please try pasting your config.json file here to validate it: http://jsonlint.com

The file is located in:
/config/homebridge/config.json

1 Like

Thanks for the clarity. I had previously followed those instructions and that checker tells me this:

Error: Parse error on line 4:
...ant",		"username": "B8:27:EB:11:98:36”,
----------------------^
Expecting 'STRING', 'NUMBER', 'NULL', 'TRUE', 'FALSE', '{', '[', got 'undefined'

Any help on how I would fix that? I changed the username numbers for this post- could it be that those numbers are wrong? Aside from this error, do you see anything wrong with the json file I posted up top?

I installed HASSIO v0.57.2 with raspberry pie3, then install the Homebridge plug-in v2.1.2, the option as follows:

{
  "log_level": "info",
  "avahi_interfaces": "",
  "avahi_hostname": "",
  "avahi_domainname": "local",
  "enable_ipv6": true,
  "packages": [
   "python"
   ],
  "init_commands": [],
  "plugins": [
  "miio homebridge-mi-philips-light"
}

Configure the config.json:

"platforms": [
  {
    "platform": "HomeAssistant",
    "name": "HomeAssistant",
    "host": "http://hassio/homeassistant",
    "password": "",
    "supported_types": ["automation", "binary_sensor", "climate", "cover", "device_tracker", "fan", "group", "input_boolean", "light", "lock", "media_player", "remote", "scene", "script", "sensor", "switch", "vacuum"],
    "default_visibility": "visible",
    "logging": true,
    "verify_ssl": true
  }
]

But when I use the Home APP, I can see the Xiaomi-philips-light which I configured in the HB, but can not see any HA devices, such as Xiaomi gateways, Yeelight.

Note

This topic was originally a repository topic. I’ve chunked the topic into pieces to give each add-on its own topic. Your replies in the previous topic where move into this new one, in order to keep the conversation going :slight_smile:

HI,

setup the add-on successfully i guess, logs says its running on port 51826. these are my settings, left it al default:

{
  "log_level": "info",
  "avahi_interfaces": "",
  "avahi_hostname": "",
  "avahi_domainname": "local",
  "enable_ipv6": false,
  "packages": [],
  "init_commands": [],
  "plugins": []
}

my iOS app won’t connect to it though, and i tried all options in the https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-homebridge#homebridge-cannot-connect-or-login-to-home-assistant page .

2 things in the log:
complaints about a mDNS:

Successfully dropped root privileges.
avahi-daemon 0.6.32 starting up.
WARNING: No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns!
Successfully called chroot().
Successfully dropped remaining capabilities.
No service file found in /etc/avahi/services.
*** WARNING: Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface hassio.IPv4 with address 172.30.32.1.
New relevant interface hassio.IPv4 for mDNS.
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface eth0.IPv4 with address 192.168.1.57.
New relevant interface eth0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Network interface enumeration completed.
Registering new address record for 172.30.32.1 on hassio.IPv4.
Registering new address record for 192.168.1.57 on eth0.IPv4.

and, i guess a Homekit-configuration code ought to be scannable, but all i see is an empty space.

When i try to enter the code manually, Homekit says its a non certified accessory, continue? of course we do: it can’t connect. it does show the HomeAssistant triangle so at least it shows it can find it.

what else could try, maybe its an iOS device thing? any specific settings i could/should enable?

Cheers,
Marius

Thank you so much for this amazing add-on! I got it connected just fine. There are a couple issues I’ve found.

The Xiaomi Air Purifier 2 has 3 modes (Auto, Idle and Favorite) as well as off. These all work fine in Hass.io, but in the Home app on iOS there are 4 steps. 0% is off, 33% is Idle, 67% is Favorite, and 100% is also off. Is there any way to either:

• Have a 3-way mode select option as well as have the slider actually change the fan speed
  • Have the slider set to 0% - Off, 33% Idle, 67% Auto, 100% Favorite

I also have a Yeelight Color WiFi Bulb that works fine in Hass.io. However, in the Home app for iOS, the color cannot be changed. Changing the color options from within that app does nothing. How can I configure the homebridge to pass that data?

how did you add it? saw a scannable picture, or by manually adding the 8 figure code.

do we need port forwarding for this add-on ? thought since it runs locally it could connect directly so no forwarding necessary.
cheers,
Marius

I added it manually using the code. I don’t have any port forwards or DNS things going on in my setup and it seems to be working fine.

cool.
another thing maybe: i’m on Lan only with my Hassio/ Pi3. I seem to recall ‘both devices’ need to be on the same Wifi network. Not sure which 2 are meant by that, and assumed it to be my iPhone and computer installing the add-on . So not the Hassio/Pi3, but my macbook.

Does anybody else have the problem, that the Addon does not start automatically when Hass.io is started although it is set to auto-start?

Yes, though sometimes it does.

:tada: Add-on: Homebridge v2.2.0

Full Changelog

Changed

• Upgrades add-on base image to v1.2.0
  • Improves S6 service scripts
  • Updates add-on URLs to new community forum URL
  • Moves copy of rootfs at a later stage

This update is now available in your Hass.io panel.

1 Like

Not seeing this update, slow to show up?

Goto your Hass.io panel, in the top right, hit the shopping bag, next click the top right reload/refresh button.

It will appear after a few seconds.

I have the same problem. Made an issue on Github with some more details.

1 Like

ill wait for your experience and hopefully more conclusive answers form the dev’s. No first world priority, but i hate it when the install isn’t working as its supposed to do, and i don’t know where to find the solution…
Cheers,
Marius

Already a conversion ongoing on GitHub, feel free to jump in @Mariusthvdb

1 Like

dev… I’m alone on this project at this moment :wink:

1 Like