Mosquitto MQTT Server bundled with Hivemq’s web client.
This add-on combines the power of Hivemq’s web-based MQTT client, and the powerful Mosquitto broker (MQTT Server). With this, you can host your own MQTT server, and inspect/publish messages using the built-in web client!
- The Hivemq web service can connect to a WebSocket enabled MQTT Server, it will enable you to see or post messages to specific topics easily.
- The Mosquitto broker has multi-user support with ACL! This allows you to limit the access of an MQTT user to a specific topic.
- With the ACL support, you can have a separate user for every device that connects to your MQTT server.
- You can also have read-only users that cannot post messages.
ACL = access control list.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other Hass.io add-on.
Add our Hass.io add-ons repository to your Hass.io instance.
Add the following URL:
- Install the “MQTT Server & Web client” add-on.
- Configure the options.
- Start the “MQTT Server & Web client” add-on.
- Check the logs of the “MQTT Server & Web client” add-on to see if everything went well.
You can always get support here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
You have several options to get them answered:
- The Community Hass.io Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the add-on:
- Open an issue for the add-on: MQTT Server & Web client
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
We will do our best to help you out!
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as an Hass.io / Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Community Hass.io Add-ons project.