Community Hass.io Add-on: Paradox Alarm Interface

I also open my garage door using a voice command with my iPhone and Home Assistant Companion but I don’t see how to arm or disarm the alarm?

With latest HA version, 2024.6.x, something has changed in alarm panel where you cannot arm or disarm without a code, while it was possible until 2024.5.x

This post is full of people with same error from various alarm integration or addon.

While when you defne a manual, template or mqtt alarm panel you can add a code_arm_required option set to false to bypass it, in the integration/addon alarm panel, you cannot.

My question is if this is something that has to be solved by HA team or not…
Or if there is a workaround

Thanks

@woody4165 I have just tried and yes I got the same. So that messes up my watch and CarPlay actions!

However disarm doesn’t require a code. And I have noticed if you use the mushroom alarm card, when you arm, it comes up with a keypad to enter the code and that works for some reason.

@woody4165 I found this:

I can confirm it works! Go to your partition (s) and enter the code! That’s it!

1 Like

Thanks!

Very easy, but not easy to find.

Is there a way to have the code inserted every time, instead of updating the Default code field?

Thanks

@woody4165 If you mean you want to enter the code every time to arm and disarm, then use the mushroom alarm panel. But then you would have to remove the code in default that was just entered.

Now that the code has been entered in the default, the mushroom card does not give the keypad option and doesn’t require a code.

I am not sure how do it through mqtt way.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I have integrated Paradox EVO192/Mosquito to HA on my RPi and wondering if there is any way to make more fast, more responsive.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

There are tips how to do this in the wiki.

Thanks for your answer,
I looked at wiki before, but I only found “Transmit zone status on serial port” and I’m actual using only IP with IP150 interface. Do I have to look somewhere else specific? I have the thought that is all about MQTT.
I have at least a 5sec delay.

Found it,
Just for the reference,
I changed this from 6 to 1 and now I have the same delay as the panel with the Paradox display (1sec)

That is located in PAI Addon configuration.
Thanks anyway!

It is wrong. Set it back and read this: Configuration · ParadoxAlarmInterface/pai Wiki · GitHub

Hey Jevgeni,
Thank you, I have read the wiki and set the boud rate to 57600 with babywre and add-on side. Although that doesn’t make any deference.

Did you configure this? «Transmit zone status on serial port»

Let me check and get back later.

Actually not,
I haven’t check this box… I should I guess… :kissing:
Now is working great, also I set the “KEEP_ALIVE_INTERNAL” back to 10 as it was before.
Thank you @yozik04

Hi, I was amazed when I tested this, connects to my old IP100 (and MG5000) absolutely stable and everything works, controlling, statuses and so on. Big thanks!

However, not getting Pushover to work. If I insert the lines

PUSHOVER_ENABLE: true
PUSHOVER_KEY: <pushover_app_api_key>
PUSHOVER_BROADCAST_KEYS:
 - user_key: <UserKey>
   devices: '*'

to my AddOns → Paradox → Config → Yaml in the end and press “Save” the added lines are removed.

What am I doing wrong here?

(Pushover from HA works on other things so connections etc are ok)

Doh. Realized there was duplicate key, removing

PUSHOVER_BROADCAST_KEYS: []

before new lines fixed this. Pushover now works.