Traccar is modern GPS Tracking Platform, which is now available as an Hass.io add-on and allows you to run your GPS Tracking software without any cloud.
Traccar supports more protocols and device models than any other GPS tracking system on the market, straight from your Hass.io instance. You can select GPS trackers from a variety of vendors from low-cost Chinese models to high-end quality brands.
Traccar also has native mobile apps available for Android and iOS platforms so that you can track those as well. AND! With the Home Assistant
traccar component (introduced in 0.83) the data in Traccar will be sent back into your Home Assistant instance as well.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other Hass.io add-on.
Add our Hass.io add-ons repository to your Hass.io instance.
Add the following URL:
- Install the “Traccar” add-on.
- Start the “Traccar” add-on.
- Check the logs of the “InfluxDB” to see if everything went well.
- Click the “OPEN WEB UI” button and log in using
- Be sure to change the username and password!
You can always get support here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
You have several options to get them answered:
- The Community Hass.io Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
- Open an issue for the addon: Traccar
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
We will do our best to help you out!
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as an Hassio / Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Community Hass.io Add-ons project.