Traccar is modern GPS Tracking Platform, which is now available as an add-on and allows you to run your GPS Tracking software without any cloud.
Traccar supports more protocols and device models than any other GPS tracking system on the market, straight from your Home Assistant instance. You can select GPS trackers from a variety of vendors from low-cost Chinese models to high-end quality brands.
Traccar also has native mobile apps available for Android and iOS platforms so that you can track those as well. AND! With the Home Assistant
traccar component (introduced in 0.83) the data in Traccar will be sent back into your Home Assistant instance as well.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other add-on.
- Ensure you have the official “MariaDB” add-on installed and running!
- Search for the “Traccar” add-on in the add-on store and install it.
- Start the “Traccar” add-on
- Check the logs of the “Traccar” add-on to see if everything went well.
- Click the “OPEN WEB UI” button and log in using
- Be sure to change the username, email, and password!
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
- Open an issue for the addon: Traccar
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
At this moment our Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as a Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Home Assistant Community Add-ons project.