Compact Custom Header

I’ve actually got it working correctly now. It seems you just need to swipe down slightly higher up the screen when Compact Custom Header is enabled than if it isn’t. Without it enabled, you swipe down from just under the header bar. With it enabled, you swipe down from the header bar.

Does CCH impact the look or functionality negatively aside from that?

Not that I’ve noticed so far. Everything else seems to function the same.

1 Like

Hi!
I’m in the middle of the preparations for my final exam (wish me luck!) so I don’t want to have another thing helping me procrastinate.

I’ll share the theme when it’s ready but I won’t have time until mid-may. Sorry!

I’ve had this issue happen again but only on some views. After some experimenting, I think I know what the problem is. The app appears to display the toolbar at the bottom on the screen when it detects a scroll event. Since the Compact Custom Header reduces the overall height of the page, swiping down will only bring up the toolbar if the height of the page is still enough for this to trigger a scroll. I added an extra card to a view it wasn’t working on and this increased the height enough for it to work.

In case anyone else runs into this, it seems this is an issue with the iOS app beta.

how to define user_agent? Is it the user authentication that differentiate Users, Admins and custom groups?
My main concern is to control what to show different view for each username under HA

“user_agent:” uses a matching word or phrase from the devices user agent. You can find this at the bottom of this cards editor or by googling “what’s my user agent” on the device in question. This option is case sensitive.

“user:” uses a Home Assistant user’s name, not username (if they’re different). You can look to the bottom of the editor to see which to use. This option is case sensitive.

All the options are explained in the wiki, exception config options here:

not sure if I am in the correct place in your thread, but since I can’t find a more related spot, hope you don’t mind me asking if we can also make state-dependent view icons with your card?

please have a look here Lovelace: View icon template not possible? to see what I am trying to achieve.

simply put: have the view icon reflect the state of a template.

hope you can have a look, thanks!

This is already possible. Check out conditional styling in the wiki.

Edit: Looking into your link more, it’s somewhat possible. Multiple icon changes for one view isn’t quite possible, but will look into it.

ok I’ll hold…

thanks for your effort! Ive provided both the js template (which is used in custom-ui now) and the jinja for a template sensor if needed.

please let me know if I can help!
It has become my first look in the menu, to see how many people are home, without having to do anything :wink: Hope it will be possible in Lovelace anytime soon too!

1 Like

ok, so please forgive me if I missed it reading the full thread (thought is was being reported and fixed in a later update), but why am I losing the chevrons after each window resize? HA 0.92.1.

Is there a way to hide tabs from a device but still let them be able them to access those pages?

My use case is putting live camera views on hidden pages (panel mode, so full screen) but sending the URL for that tab to a tablet when motion is detected. It all works fine until I hide the tab and then the device cannot view that tab, it just goes to the first tab.

@Mariusthvdb Fix incoming.

@tinimark Turn off hidden tab redirect with redirect: false

1 Like

That worked…thankyou very much!

Tried searching but did not see any mention of this. When CCH loads and I switch to another tab, the cards go up into the header some. Any ideas?

When CCH Loads on the main config page:

When I select the office tab:

This usually happens when CCH isn’t included on every view.

You were incredibly fast and your right, I didnt have it every view. I must have misunderstood that it was required when I saw the note about only using the “main config”. Ill go ahead and add to all of them and I am sure it will fix it. Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated!

1 Like

Add the card to every view, first view is the only one where you setup your config and must be set as main_config: true

Thanks, I did and it cleared it up! Again much appreciated! Love this custom header