Compass Card - Points you in the right direction šŸ§­

Yes. You need to use dev-tools to examine the element to find out what element it is you want to style.

I have no idea how to do that.

well you need to learn if you want to correct stuff like this!
right click on the element and select inspect.

try this:

card_mod:
      style: |
        .sensor-1 .indicator-sensors {
          font-size: 40px !important; 
        } 

(In the code I already posted for an idea)

I am, slowly.

card-mod is installed

Itā€™s still not changing.

You need to call the reload themes service from The Developer Tools Services menu after making any change.

Itā€™s sensor-1 here but I see yours is sensor-0. Maybe remove that part and see. You can see in the dev-tools itā€™s not reading the style so it must be wrongā€¦

@DavidFW1960 and @tom_l thanks for helping out with support!

2 Likes

I got it to work using your method.

I still want to figure out why card-mod isnā€™t working correctly in the card itself.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah I have no clue as it worked when I changed it here.

Hi! thanks a lot for your card! iā€™m using it with custom backgroundā€¦
Could you point me in the right direction to increase the size of the compass???
I need to make th entire compass card biggerā€¦ like this:

compass-card-inward

thanks a lot!!!

Thanks for using the card.

You could try to get the result you want by addind card-mod and try to css style it.

The circle is smaller than the card, because the indicators also have to fit in the card. So in your example, the arrow would be outside of the card when it is in N or S position.
Or the circle needs to resize when in N or S position, to show the complete indicator, also not ideal.
So in short there is no build in way of getting it to show like you proposed, with reason.

If you add a feature request for this on the github page of the compass, the feature stays in my list of stuff to implement when I have some spare time. Would a higher card (but with the same whitespace) work for you, to have it show larger?

Skjermbilde 2021-11-19 kl. 00.05.47

I second that post. As you can see, I have way too much white space top and bottom. Iā€™ve tried fixing it with card-mod, but Iā€™m not smart enough to make it a square.

Could you PM me the card config you use for both screenshots?

Top screenshot is very off, bottom one seems more inline with what I would expect that the card does.
Is this with or without card-mod?

Hi,
Iā€™m reading this 3D that is very informative, the reason Iā€™m writing is that apparently I donā€™t see decimals values in the card. The wind value comes from a template. What I did wrong?

Found it! :slight_smile:
Thereā€™s a parameter, decimals, that it is set to false by default.

1 Like

Like the docs say!

1 Like

You beat me to it!

Donā€™t worry, it was on me to begin with! :slight_smile:

Hey Tom, I donā€™t suppose you are looking for a project to keep you out of trouble during the holidays? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, one like that is also present in Domoticz, one of the reasons for me to make a compasscard in the first place.

There already is a feature request for history, so this would fit nicely :wink:

However, there is a little two year old that I have to keep out of trouble during the holidays, but how knows, maybe I get insomnia and need something to do :wink:

1 Like