Compatibility with Cecotec conga robot vacuum?

Hi,

Someone has any Conga vacuum controlled with HA? I searched the web trying to find if they have MQTT but without luck. I am doubting between Conga 3090 (299 in Amazon right now) and the Xiaomi S50 and compatibility with HA is a must.

Thanks in advance!

6 Likes

Hi there!

I have the same robot Cecotec 3090. It would be nice to hear something about how controlling it with HA

It seems that Cecotec is adding google home compatibility for the 3090, maybe it will be easy to include in HA then. They say in one or two months it will be compatible.

1 Like

I don’t think so… maybe with the new code, we will have any possibilities to adapt the “older” one

Hi, I have heard that now it’s compatible with Google Home. So I guess that now it’s possible to connect our conga 3090 to home assistant. Any idea or any tutorial in internet?.
I found nothing…

2 Likes

The 3090’s Google integration is a bit strange.
You have to add “Robot Conga” found under the explore section of Google Assistant (not under add devices of Google home).
Instead of appearing as a device it operates as a chatbot, so you have to say exactly: “Hey Google, Ask robot conga to start/stop cleaning” or “Ask robot conga to charge”.
You can then set up a custom routine in Google home such as:
When I say - Start cleaning, Clean the floor, floor needs cleaning
Assistant will - Ask robot conga to start cleaning, Say: Ok cleaning started

An interesting option for HA could be emulating the supplied remote which seems to use some basic 2.4gHz protocol, similar to something like ZigBee or milighs

1 Like

If this is so in Alexa too you can use for Alexa the Alexa_Mediaplayer to control the Conga. As a first step. :wink:

1 Like

I´m going to try with Assistant Relay

1 Like

Hi all,

Is there any news about this?. I tried to find out a solution but nothing comes to my mind…

Maybe this? --> https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/vacuum/

Some info maybe usefull for someone with more skills than me

https://christiangil.dev/2020/01/hack-your-vacuum/

Seems that update server is offline… no more upgrades for 3090

https://blog.rastersoft.com/?p=2324 (spanish)

Hi mates,

Any progress with the Cecotec integration?

I tried to manage it with IR commands but without luck, so next time I will buy one that works with HA directly.

1 Like

No success with an rm4 mini.

I’m testing with adb but I don’t get anything either.

The update server is down so I can’t get the ramdisk.sys file to extract the root password for ssh.

Has anyone tried to see if it works?

Hello all there!,
I’m the folk who has written those guide at https://christiangil.dev. Cecotec has taken down their update server, adding some kind of timeout/delay on their app, so my guide wont get you anything interesting.
They are also some other interesting security flaws on Cecotect robots, just check if your models has a microUSB (or the pins for it) below the battery.
I prefer to don’t leave the hash or password publicly, as I was able to “kidnap” a 3090 out of my control, so if someone want to help in the development of an integration, I’ll report anything you need using mine 3090

Hi! I don’t know how I can help you, but if I can, you can count on me.

1 Like

Some info from my Conga 3090:

root@TinaLinux:~# free
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:        511776     110160     401616          0      10800      31132
-/+ buffers/cache:      68228     443548
Swap:            0          0          0
root@TinaLinux:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor	: ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
processor	: 0
BogoMIPS	: 5714.28

processor	: 1

processor	: 2

processor	: 3

Features	: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x0
CPU part	: 0xc07
CPU revision	: 5

Hardware	: sun8i
Revision	: 0000

root@TinaLinux:~# uname -a
Linux TinaLinux 3.4.39 #1240 SMP PREEMPT Tue Sep 17 10:31:48 UTC 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

root@TinaLinux:~# netstat -tupln
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5037          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      491/adbd
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8111            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      524/RobotApp
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:6000            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      606/everest-server
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:53              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      461/dnsmasq
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      474/dropbear
netstat: /proc/net/tcp6: No such file or directory
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:53              0.0.0.0:*                           461/dnsmasq
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8899            0.0.0.0:*                           524/RobotApp
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:67              0.0.0.0:*                           461/dnsmasq

Also they have local logs of the running apps (that they upload to a suspicious FTP server), RobotApp is the “core” and the one receiving commands from Cloud, listening on port 8111

RobotApp: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1, no section header

I will post soon more info like this on my blog, but I don’t have much experience on reversing ARMHF binaries, so going to try to add a MITM Proxy and capture what it receives from Cloud.
I’m open to better ideas on this.

1 Like

Great news, At least if we are able to call the RobotApp from HA or NodeRed that will be a great advance.

Christian, have you read the second link i posted? Do you think emulating the app is the best way to make this work?

Sergio, owner of www.rastersoft.com has given me this link and I have been able to access it through adb shell and change the root ssh password. Thank you Christian for the security notice.

I have also been testing the “badconga” integration that I have found and at least it works to send commands to the vacuum cleaner. Unfortunately the part of the mapping that appears as a camera in homeassistant does not work for me.

Muchas gracias Sergio, Christian y freeconga

2 Likes

Wow, awesome, but it says that is not compatible with the 3090 so I think that I can’t give it a try.