I’ve been trying to connect to my Home Assistant Android Mobile App with SSL certificate enabled but I couldn’t figure it out. It does; however, work by typing https://mydomain.asuscomm.com:8123 over web browser on both desktop and phone. It’s just the app that couldn’t connect. I have my own DNS service and is using Docker for my setup. I’m getting the following error.
Unable to connect to Home Assistant
Unable to communicate with Home Assistant because of an SSL error. Please ensure your certificate is valid
I’ve tried the following as suggested by other threads:
- Upgraded the Home Assistant app
- Reinstall the app
- Removed all cache data
- Copy the full URL after login in from browsers
- Tried with https://mydomain.asuscomm.com:8123/, https://mydomain.asuscomm.com, https://mydomain.asuscomm.com:8123
http: #base_url: https://mydomain.asuscomm.com:8123 <--- Makes no difference base_url: https://mydomain.asuscomm.com #<--- Same results as above ssl_certificate: /config/fullchain.pem ssl_key: /config/privkey.pem
- Issue with new android app
- Mobile App can't connect after enabling SSL
- Cannot connect with local address
My guess would be because the Certificate is Self-Signed (using this method) and so the App cannot access the certificate key. Then again, why did the browser work but not the app?