Connecting Xiaomi smart camera

If anyone is looking for a cam that works with this FW should look no more:) This is the 27US version and it works just fine with HA. But I am having issues, hassio freezes after a while ever since i’ve added the yi home camera component. Is anyone having the same issues?

Hassio has issues with ffmpeg and won’t work on long periods unfortunately

1 Like

that’s a shame.

Yes but with the fanghack it works great. Did I try those method?

I actually have 3 cams running without any issues. It test it for more than one month now.

The very most important is to follow this guide:

unfortunately I lose yi home app with this, don’t I? Since I have it in my garage, I love that I can use both the HA and the app. Will stick with just the app for now, so in case anyone ever does break in, I can at least yell at them :smiley:

Am I right, that we cannot get a live picture with this component?

The cam stores the mp4 in the folder, when the minute is over. Before, there is a tmp file and it is stored in the folder after every minute.

With the recently updated yi-hack-v3, the 27US version of the camera is officially supported. Now that my cameras are supported I have tried getting them into my HA setup. HA detects them just fine, but I consistently get the following error:

[homeassistant.components.camera.yi] There don’t appear to be any uploaded videos

On my HA frontend, I am told “Image not available”

I’ve manually browsed the cameras to make sure that the default path is correct and that files are present. I also noticed in an earlier post in this thread that hassio (what I’m using) has some issues with ffmpeg, Has anyone had success with this component on the 27US camera and hassio?

@ainen try this

1 Like

Just wanted to say thank you very much for pointing me to this. It worked for me!

Any idea if this one will work with HA?
Original Xiaomi Mijia Smart Camera 1080P

2 Likes

would love to know as well.
I’ve one of this camera hanging around.

I’m getting this error aswell - how did you fix it? Put the path in which you discovered on ftp?

This is my config:

ffmpeg: ffmpeg_bin: /usr/bin/ffmpeg
camera:
- platform: yi
name: Baby Cam
host: '192.168.0.29'
user: root
password: ***
path: /tmp/sd/record
- platform: local_file
file_path: /home/pi/screenshot.png

Here is the error i get (iv hit a few now!) And in Homeassistant im getting - ‘Image not aviaiable’

2018-01-28 20:20:01 ERROR (MainThread) [haffmpeg.core] FFmpeg fails program arguments must be a bytes or text string, not NoneType

I have put the symobilc link on the camera
i have added the path to the recordings in config…yaml
I can see the mp4s in sd/recordings/ with datestamped files
i have installed ffmpeg
i can see another local file image using the camera component
i have added the ffmpeg component with the location of where its installed: using:

sudo find -name ffmpeg

I really dont know what else i can try? Any one?

Thanks

To accommodate 720p versions of hacked yi camera, I have modified the yi.pi so that it will not read xyz.mp4.tmp files.

I guess live stream is not available for the 1080p home cam?
I finally got it to work but looks like it’s stills.

Any word on this one ??

I bought this: https://www.banggood.com/International-Version-Xiaomi-Mijia-IMILAB-Xiaobai-H_265-1080P-Smart-Home-IP-Camera-EU-Plug-360-PTZ-AI-Detection-WIFI-Security-Monitor-from-Xiaomi-Eco-system-p-1450083.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=HK

Can I safetly flash this one?

1 Like

Hey there, I’m thinking of getting this model, did you manage to integrate it?

I didn’t have the courage to do it without confirmation yet :slight_smile: