Control Sonoff Devices with eWeLink (original) firmware over LAN and/or Cloud

@monaco yes, it will work via cloud.

1 Like

You don’t need devices to create automation. You can use entities.

I think you use mode: local ?

You don’t need devices to create automation. You can use entities.

When I am trying to define the actions, no entity is showed in the dropdown menu.
Sorry for being nagging, can you give me a hint for this automation please?

@Catelinescu: Under Actions, select ‘‘Call service’’ as the Action Type. The line under that will change to Service. Click on that line and select ‘‘switch.turn_on’’ (if that is what you want to occur). The line under that will change and you can select the appropriate switch from there. Save the automation with the little disk icon, check configuration and reload automations

2 Likes

Hi all, complete noob to HA so please be gentle.
I’ve just managed to get homeassistant setup and working on my android tablet using Vlad’s tutorial here Install Home Assistant, Mosquitto broker and Node-Red on android
If I understand correctly it doesn’t include hacs just homeassistant core and wanted to see how to get my sonoff/ewelink devices integrated.
Any pointers would be very gratefully received as the bulk of my devices are sonoffs.
Thanks all.

Hi
This thing is so confusing, I got 4ch switch, how do I configure each channel (outlet) as four separate switches entities?
As switch.a to channel 1, switch.b to channel 2. etc?

@AlexxIT thanks for the great work! i have a question though. i m using your work to capture the power consumption of my POW R2. i manage to obtain the consumption for last 30 days, by calling the “sonoff.update_consumption” service. But i need some help, how do i capture the power for that particular month only. Let say today is 6th Nov, i wanted to capture from the first day until today only. which is 6 days. But then, comes tomorrow, i wanna capture 1st day until 7th, which is 7 days.
Using this " value_template: “{% set p=state_attr(‘switch.sonoff_1000abcdef’, ‘consumption’) %}{{ p[:30]|sum if p }}” will call the consumption for last 30 days, regardless of the month.

You need to insert the current day of the month instead of 30. Find out how to do it in Jinja2 template.

thanks. after some tinkerings, i got it to work

value_template: "{% set p=state_attr('switch.sonoff_1000916e75', 'consumption') %}{{ p[:now().day]|sum | round(2) if p }}"

1 Like

Sorry, maybe off topic, but I added new devices to eWeLink account but they are not visible in hassio. How can I pick the recently added devices?

Did you restart HA?

It depends your setting. Check documentation.

I did, several times

Alex, can you provide the link to the correct documentation please? Sorry.

Thank you for the answers, all works perfectly, was only missing the " reload: always ".

Im a noob, sorry!

Hi :slight_smile:

No matter what I do i cant see my sonoff basic r3 devices on HA.
I have a Mesh WiFi (deco m5) AND Oracle VM. I saw in the documentation that this can be a problem.

Also, the sonoff.json is not created in the HA folders.

Are there any workarounds to those issues?

1 Like

Hi, new to this, since now I just used z-wave devices.
Interested in buying this eWeLink energy device:
63A Ewelink Single Phase WIFI Smart Energy Meter Kwh Metering Monitoring Circuit Breaker Timer Relay for Smart Home TOMZN

I’ve seen plenty of different components Zigbee, SonOff, etc., devices that need to be Tasmota flashed. Totally lost…

For instance, I just ordered this USB dongle based on CC2531:

USB Dongle For Zigbee2mqtt Application Sniffer Bare Board Packet Protocol Analyzer Module USB Interface

Will these devices work with your component? Or do I have to choose another device? Another component? Or the zigbee2mqtt Addon will do the job? Thanks for clarification.

@barakkor VM not a problem if you using default config

1 Like