Install Home Assistant, Mosquitto broker and Node-Red on android

No I never got it to start always an error with directory using the venv method or the same error as others using the original method

You get that error when run this command?

python -m venv homeassistant

Did a restart and tried again.
This time commands completed successfully untill I try to start Hass.
I then get "
2020-10-26 17:53:39 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=4 from 2020-10-26 16:42:17.595153)"
Followed by creating xxx, copying xxx, then The headers or library files could not be found for jpeg, a required dependency when compiling Pillow from source. and pages of error messages.
The whole things repeats a few times and then sits at a blank prompt.

Install pkg install libjpeg-turbo
Then run hass again.

After trying to start Hass I get
“2020-10-26 18:07:43 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=5 from 2020-10-26 17:53:39.330842)”
And then sitting at a blank prompt again.
Going to leave it for a while see if it’s just churning in the back ground.

Wait some time than go to localhost:8123 in your phone browser

1 Like

It worked, thank you so much for your help.
Quite sure I’ll be back with some more questions but will have an explore first.
Cheers

Have setup my kasa devices and they are working just fine, so now to figure out how to add the Sonoff/ewelink integration and I’m a happy bunny.

It is custom component so just copy sonoff folder to custom_component folder. You can install has you can find how in this thrad, but it will break on update. So it’s better to install it as custom component.

pkg install git
mkdir sources
mkdir ~/.homeassistant/custom_components
cd sources
git clone https://github.com/peterbuga/HASS-sonoff-ewelink
cp -R  HASS-sonoff-ewelink/sonoff ~/.homeassistant/custom_components/

Restart HA. Enjoy.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for everything you provided. Is it possible to install samba share ? I would like to access to .homeassistant folder from my desktop.

There is samba for termux in unstable repo. https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/issues/4501
But it’s probably easier to install ssh server and then just use winscp if you use windows or something like that. https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Remote_Access

Thank you very much ! I’m alredy using openssh so winscp is more apropriate.

Thank you for that.
I’ve replaced the Peterbuga repo with the one from AlexIT and each command completed without error.
After restarting Hass how do I add the new custom component to the dash board?
I can’t find anywhere mentioning custom components, they’re not listing in integrations or entities.
Should it auto detect? I which case I guess I did something wrong and will try again.

You probably neet to add sonoff to configuration file like this

sonoff:
  username: [email protected]
  password: mypassword

There is section about that on AlexIT github.

Yea I saw that but I can’t find where it has saved the files.
I’ve searched within file manager for anything sonoff or homeassistant and get no results for files or folders.
Getting confused.

I would like to use a BME280 sensor on an esp32 with EspHome and sending data with Ble to display it on Home assistant. How can I make it works ? I probably need to install a gateway like OpenMQTTGateway. I don’t know how to do that using termux and node red.
I know it is possible using mqtt and deep sleep but this will work on a battery system.
If someone can help me on this project ?

You can’t find configuration folder?

cd ~/.homeassistant
ls

If you want to use bluetooth on android and termux that won’t work. Mqtt is your best bet.

Within termux with cd & ls yes but using android file manager nothing.
I went back and used your example of the Peterbuga git and that all appeared to install with no warnings but still don’t understand how to get it to show on the dashboard?

All folders and file names starting with dot are hidden. You need to enable hidden files in your file manager.