Control your Jura coffee machine

Sadly, @Blueforcer just copy-pasted the source code from the original site and removed the copyright header. That’s considered bad style.

1 Like

Nobody said its made by me, just shared my instructions on how to setup, wire and control from Homeassistant. It was once the plan to expand it further, but had never found the time for. But to put your mind at ease I have replaced the link, because I do not follow the project on my git any further

1 Like

I have cobbled together an ESPhome custom component that allows basic control and monitoring of a Jura Impressa J6:

Hope it helps someone!

7 Likes

Hey wold it help if we get the MDB_Interface_Software.exe from Jura? And did you se this thing? https://www.jurang.co.uk/shop/coffee-machine-spares-and-parts/789-jura-data-communicator.html

I know the instaler from jura in my city i can ask if i can by 1 or if he has tips.

Cheers luuk

1 Like

Hey all. Any commonly accepted methods to connect to the Jura S8 over Wifi?

Has anyone explored some sort of bluetooth extension so that your phone/JOE App - will see the coffee machine from much farther distances?

1 Like

Which female pin do I need for the connection?

Will the following ones work:
1x4pin 2,54mm for Arduino Prototype Shield

1 Like

Here’s a great page on how to communicate with the new (generation 7) Jura machines like the S8, Z6, etc. You can tell it’s a Gen 7 machine because it’s compatible with the Smart Connect dongle. I tried getting the project to work, but there’s a ton of superfluous code for XMPP protocols and such. I’d like to just pull out the source for communicating commands to the coffee maker over two pin serial, but I haven’t been able to find the time. Putting this here in case someone else can put a project together for the community:

2 Likes

Interesting project… Not clear for me what kind of hardware they use to connect to ‘Jura’ coffee machine… And where it is connected… (just instead of the original Jura ‘Bluetooth’ dongle ?).

1 Like

I have jura c5 .This model have a rotary button with 3 level chose:
a) type coffe( espresso or 2 standard coffe or 2 coups ), and steam
b) how strong product is
c) how much
I dont have any command to make product . AN:01, AN:02 and FA:09(steam, because its 1 level ) work. FN command work to but i break my Tp fuse, and i stop test it . I send a lot off command , i create a simple POST sender and about 2 day i send in loop command. A lot of command reqest 200 OK but realy dont work.
if somebody have command for jura c5 pleas ,give me information.

1 Like

I started this project.
Since then I separated everything required into their own projects on GitHub with a lot of documentation.

JURA changed the protocol/obfuscation used for communicating with their coffee makers when they introduced the “Smart Connect” dongle.
Here is the new protocol:

3 Likes

hi @Kacper_Kozlowski
Did you find some more commands that work? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

some c5 commands would be fine :slight_smile:

have scripted a loop (ps script) from FN:00 to FN:FF and sended it to the machine → nothing -.- think is not possible

2 Likes

I got one of the newer Z10 models from Jura, got the D1 mini hooked up to the 7 port service port but keep getting 503 responses sadly, anyone dealing with the same?

1 Like

Can you tell me what codes are working for the Ena Micro 90? I’m trying to get mine going without any succes so far…

Thanks!

2 Likes

I have a Jura E8 with the bluetooth smart connect. It’s very disappointing since it seems to have very limited range. I would be very interested in finding out if anyone has decoded it and found a way to kick off commands. A single macro to make back-to-back espresso doppios, as simple as it sounds, would be a game changer.

2 Likes

It seems to be also WiFi version now
[WiFi Connect - International]
I will get one in couple days, let’s see.

1 Like

Just got a wifi smart connect dongle. It connects the Jura to the wifi. The main problem I see is that the machine cuts power to the dongle in energy saving mode. So no chance to turn it back on without physically pushing the button again.

1 Like

Is it possible to control by using a wifi dongle? Did it work? Was looking for more info about this ’ normal’ fix. Everything i came a cross was by using a esp8266 or else. Is there anybody out there using an original Jura Wifi Dongle in his Jura coffee machine? Maybe somebody is handy enough reverse engineering this protocol, more info on: http://protocoljura.wiki-site.com/index.php/Hauptseite

I’m interested in this also, as I would like to buy the Jura ENA 4 which supports the wifi dongle

1 Like