Controlling Revolt/Tuya BT thermostates ZX5281: Possible?

I have these Tuya thermostats with a gateway sold under the Revolt rebranding from Pearl: revolt Elesion Thermostat: 6er-Set programmierbare Heizkörper-Thermostate mit WLAN-Gateway & App (Heizkörperthermostat WLAN)

The description on the Pearl website says they have Bluetooth, but an identical looking model TV02 available elsewhere is advertised as ZigBee.

Currently using them with the Elesion app, which is straight out horrible.
I’m wondering if they can be integrated into Homeassistant an therefore installed a fresh image on a RPi 3+ I had lying around here.

I would like if someone could confirm if these thermostats can be made to work with homeassistant at all and if so, how.

I found this discussion in the forum about localtuya and I think I got that to run with ssh/HACS. But setting it up I think I first need to set up a tuya account? I’m confused about the steps and unsure if it in the end can work at all.

This is looking very similar identical, but in the description it says it runs with ZigBee, not Bluetooth: TUYA Zigbee Smart Heizkörperthermostat Digital Heizungsthermostat Programmierbar

I got a bit further: It seems the ELESION app is just a re-branded Tuya app. You need to sign up for a Tuya developper account at https://eu.iot.tuya.com to do so, you can’t use the ELESION app (the QR-code pairing always fails). Sou you need to remove all devices there and add them to the Tuya app. they will then become available in the Tuya integration once you paired the Tuya cloud with HomeAssistant.
However, I can’t control any of the devices I now see in HA. Same issue as described here.

I hope that there might be a solution with the ELESION App, because I don’t want to use the Tuya or the Smartlife App. There are many reasons for this. just one is the visualization.
Can’t be much work, because the Tuya integration is quite similar,
Or perhaps someone will find an other solution…

These apps are virtually the same, just a different branding and a bit less functionality in the ELESION version.