Local Tuya - Control Tuya devices locally (Fork from localtuya)

I don’t know how well the merging from upstream to the fork will still work, at least for everyone’s cases :eyes: Thanks for pointing that out
What I did to test the merging before is 1. Delete the integration from HACS ignore the message HACS popup 2. I installed the fork 3. Restart HA.

2 Likes

Yeah i was afraid i would loose all my Devices, ( been a year since ive been into tuya.iot, hope i have the password somewhere :slight_smile:
Anyways i tried what i thought was the “safe” way :slight_smile:

Would be nice to be able to control Tuya devices over Cloud

Does anyone know if this fixes the bug in localtuya that prevents devices with non-alphanumeric characters in their local key being registered? I’m snookered with a Tuya thermostat which doesn’t display correct values using the Tuya integration and won’t register with the localtuya integration because of the (newly introduced) non-alpha local keys.

1 Like

If I turn on/off my Tuya devices from the Smart Life app, Home Assistant status properly updates. If I try to turn a device on/off from Home Assistant, the physical device doesn’t change, and a few seconds later the status in Home Assistant reverts. Has anyone seen that before?

This happens because your device didn’t responses back to your request.
Are you sure you configured the entity correctly, If you’re sending the wrong values the device will not response.

Thanks. It’s been working for over a year, just stopped earlier this week.

Worked for me…THX alot…
Just missing all the captions for the steps to choose from in the wizard when adding device, but by just always selecting the frist option it got me through and all devices are working…
THHHHX

Thank you for publishing this fork! This is exactly what I was after.
I tried both LocalTuya (upstream branch) and Tuya Local, but neither project worked well.

This fork is able to use my Mercator Ikuu Zigbee Pro Hub SGW003 as my Zigbee gateway.
This is a Tuya TYGWZ-01 Ethernet Smart Gateway, also rebranded as LIDL, Silvercrest, Pearl.de, Revolt, Elesion and many more.

Thank you a million times! :smiley:

IMPORTANT Note for update 3.2.4:
From 3.2.4 and beyond it won’t be possible to revert back to old version including upstream safely, this due to changes has been made for Climate, Select and Light.
Check release note on GitHub.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks, I have just migrated over from the upstream dev, no issue, and no HA Core 2025.1 warnings :slight_smile: thanks again

Procedure - deleted localtuya from HACS (select ignore), added this custom repo, installed and restarted, all entities worked as before, no issue!

1 Like

I bought a dehumidifier Qlima D 812 Smart and it does not work well with Local Tuya, but it works perfectly in the original Tuya cloud integration. I pulled all the information from Tuya loT Development Platform and entered the DPIs. But I get an error every time I choose Discover device entities automatically. I have already tried it manually, but I can’t figure it out. I can’t get it done like with original tuya cloud integration.

{
  "result": {
    "category": "cs",
    "functions": [
      {
        "code": "switch",
        "dp_id": 1,
        "type": "Boolean",
        "values": "{}"
      },
      {
        "code": "dehumidify_set_enum",
        "dp_id": 3,
        "type": "Enum",
        "values": "{\"range\":[\"30\",\"40\",\"50\"]}"
      },
      {
        "code": "countdown_set",
        "dp_id": 17,
        "values": "{\"range\":[\"cancel\",\"2h\"]}"
      }
    ],
    "lang_config": {},
    "status": [
      {
        "code": "switch",
        "dp_id": 1,
        "type": "Boolean",
        "values": "{}"
      },
      {
        "code": "dehumidify_set_enum",
        "dp_id": 3,
        "values": "{\"range\":[\"30\",\"40\",\"50\"]}"
      },
      {
        "code": "countdown_set",
        "dp_id": 17,
        "values": "{\"range\":[\"cancel\",\"2h\"]}"
      },
      {
        "code": "countdown_left",
        "dp_id": 18,
        "type": "Integer",
        "values": "{\"unit\":\"min\",\"min\":0,\"max\":360,\"scale\":0,\"step\":1}"
      },
      {
        "code": "fault",
        "dp_id": 19,
        "type": "Bitmap",
        "values": "{\"label\":[\"E1\",\"E2\"]}"
      }
    ]
  },
  "success": true,
  "t": 1706631506756,
  "tid": "32b7067abf8b11ee847d96852008b4f4"
}

What is the error it shows?

When I choose “Configure all recognized devices automatically” I get this error, this only applies to this device, the lamps and smart plugs work normally.

Configure all recognized devices automatically

If I continue without “Configure all recognized devices automatically” I try “Discover device entities automatically”, but then I get an “error”

Discover device entities automatically

Fout

And here the log file: Local Tuya - Pastebin.com

Should be fixed on master you can download master version if you want to test.
Go HACS → Local Tuya → On top right corner click on the and choose redownload then select master

Sorry, but I’m getting the same errors. If you would like more information, please let me know.

Don’t know if you’ve seen this but there’s a different way to use tuya coming in 2024.2. See beta notes below

Logging in via the Tuya Smart app works, but various settings are not the same for the device or app. For example, I can set my humidity settings to 40, 50, 60 and continuous, but via HA I only have 30, 40, 50. This is also done via the Tuya cloud

I think this is related? The Auto Config did not work with the beta release with an Inventor Eva ION Pro WiFi Dehumidifier, but gave me ideas to get the fan to work, and I rolled back the fan is now working, just one thing left -

I am having trouble changing the mode on a dehumidifier, any help or pointers would be great :slight_smile: thanks in advance

Select option

Show me your device diagnostics again.

note humidifier fix is on master version not on beta release.

Update to master version or beta release because the way to handle humidifier has changed and it will cause problems in the future if you stick wilth comma string.
Both Select options and humidifier modes aren’t split with comma like upstream.

The values needs to be dict type for example your select
manual,continuous,smart,drying these are the device values but you will have to mapped it like this.

manual: manual Friendly Name
continuous: continuous Friendly Name
smart: smart Friendly Name
drying: drying Friendly Name

It the same for humidifier modes in beta release and next releases

1 Like