Conversation Agent Agenda to Input Text

Conversation agent outputs input text based on the upcoming calendar agenda, location, and weather. Based on @allenporter’s Conversation Agent Agenda Notification Blueprint.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

You can then use this wherever you want. I use this on my main dashboard

Setup

• Create an input_text entity with a character limit of at least 200 characters. This will be used to store the output of the conversation agent. For example, input_text.agenda.
  • Create a conversation agent.
  • Create a calendar entity in Home Assistant. This will be used to determine upcoming calendar events. For example, calendar.calendar.
  • Create a weather entity in Home Assistant. This will be used to determine the current weather and forecast. For example, weather.home.

YAML

2 Likes

I love this blueprint, thanks to @allenporter.
I’m sure we can do lots of other cool stuff with OpenAI but I can’t come up with any ideas!
Feel free to share them here!

Check out the new image stuff in this week’s release!

Yes great but it will ruin me :sweat_smile:

question i made a group for my Calendars as i have different Calendar for different things. Is there anyway to add the group I made for it? it’s called “group.calendar_group”

Did you figure out a way to do this?

No i did not, could not figure out.

Hey I made a version that supports multiple calendars,

I think the principal stopper for your need is that the blueprint uses calendar.list_events service, which only supports calendar entities, not group ones.

My version supports up to 3 calendars because I couldn’t figure out yet how to create variables in a dynamic way to support N calendars, you can probably modify it to support more using the same logic I used for a fixed number of calendars.

I also modified the prompt to treat each calendar as if it were from different persons, you might want to erase that line.

This is great. It runs in my instance and says the automation executed successfully. However, it doesn’t update the text input I created even though it is referenced in the trace report. Any ideas why not?

Hello @fixt, thank you for the great blueprint.

Immediately after installing the blueprint I indeed get an AI generated text in the sensor “input_text.chat_gpt_input_tekst”
unfortunately no new text will be generated after that. (just like user @ckworkshop) I also get the following error message.

the automation “Multi Calendar Conversations agent agenda notification”
(automation.multi_calendar_conversation_agent_agenda_notification_2) has an action that calls an unknown service:
python_script.update_sensor_text

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Hi. In Home Assistant 2023:12:0 I get a repair warning of Detected use of deprecated service calendar.list_events

Use calendar.get_events instead which supports multiple entities.

Please replace this service and adjust your automations and scripts and select submit to close this issue. How can I repair this?

2 Likes

@pin7of9 This just changed in 2023.12 and will continue working for a few months. See the backwards-incompatable change note below.

@timmo001 if you need some help updating the blueprint I’d be happy to take a crack at it. Awesome thing is that 2023.12 also includes a way to update the blueprint without copy+pastig the changes!

how can I get the output instead of notifier to TTS. Would love to ask the assistant “good morning” and this be part of the routine that is spoken