Converting a MAX! Cube to CUL/CUN to use with Home Assistant

I have one last feature missing from the original firmware.

On the wall thermostat, I was able to set several parameters :

• Default night and day temperature
  • Display the current temperature instead of the set temperature on the wall thermostats
    Does anyone now if this parameters are available in Homematic Manager ? I wasn’t able to find it

Edit :
I also found the solution. You can configure a lot of parameters with MQTT.
I went in Home Assistant services and used mqtt.publish service and the following data :

{“topic” : “homegear/climate/set/1/1/SHOW_SET_TEMPERATURE”,
“payload” : “1”}

There are clues of all thermostats parameters in homegear max module code :

I believe that you can probably configure temperature schedules with MQTT. It should be easy to create a script to configure all schedules using mqtt.

Hi to everybody!
I m very intrested in this project. I’ve 3 Max! Cube at home (or better in the same Lan) and i would like to flash them with a-culfw firmware. Is then possible to configure the system even with more then one cube?

You are probably best off asking at the homegear forums - but I would expect at worst you’d need to run 3x instances of homegear.
At best, just specify the CUNX configuration 3x in the homegear config with different IPs… no idea if it supports that though.

Today i have flash my max cube with CUL/CUN firmware.

I can not find how i can now learn devices to this flashed cube? Also what i must install on hassio (rpi3)

I have try to install homegear (https://github.com/yeah/hassio-addons), but when i clikc install nothing happen.

What must i do to connect max cube (flashed) with hassio?

Thanx for help

If someone want the valve opening value in HA.

Have a look at here: https://forum.homegear.eu/t/valvestate-über-mqtt-oder-rest/2734
and create a rest sensor:

- platform: rest
    resource: http://192.168.60.4:2001/api/v1/variable/2/1/VALVE_STATE
    name: ventilwohn
    value_template: '{{ value_json.value }}'
    scan_interval: 30
    force_update: true
    unit_of_measurement: '%'

Great, now i must just figure it how i can pair cun/cul (flashed mx cube) with wall thermostat or radiator valve eq-3? How i can send cun/cul into pairing mode?

What’s inside the Hass.io log? Click on Hass.io, then System and copy the System log from there. Make sure to refresh it first so it includes recent events.

You need to use Homegear to do so. Either install it through Hass.io or on another device.

Hi, i have firure it no.
I have using wrong addon. Now it work fine.

I have only two more settings that i want to change

• how can i set that wall thermostat show room themperature instead set temperature?
  • how can i set that moon on wall thermostat is different degresse?

You need to install homegear-max addon. Then configure the CUNX section in the config file /etc/homegear/families/max.conf. After that use pairing to add thermostats or whatever. I tried using the “Homematic Manager” software for that, but I couldn’t get it to work. Instead I used homegear CLI (sudo homegear -r) pairing to add thermostats.

Hi all
I’ll flash my Cube as soon as I can (I can’t stand anymore the Cube reset, as many of us her :D)
I was wondering if any of you used a “home made” thermostat scheduler, as Schedy for example, instead of using Homegear? (A graphical editor would be great though)

I did read this post with a lot of interest. Especially using the Cube as CUN device and link t to HA via MQTT. Will try this later when we do not need the heating delay :slight_smile:
For everybody struggeling with schedules I can advise Schedy: https://hass-apps.readthedocs.io/en/stable/apps/schedy/ which allows very flexible scheduling directly from homeassistant. Far better as the standard EQ-3 schedules.

Does anybody know if it will be possible to configure the wall thermostats to display the current temperature i.s.o. the set temperature?

From what I understood this is the topic in MQTT for this: homegear/climate/set/1/1/SHOW_SET_TEMPERATURE

@ganfoud Thanks indeed, I found it: https://goo.gl/axC1tw

just flashed mine, everything went fine except that:

• when I tried flashing the firmware, after several minutes it was stuck to 128 bytes transferred. I cancelled the transfer, unplugged everything and tried again, and it worked fine
  • my cube does not connect to the network on the switch it was connected before (without issues!). When connected to the router directly or to another switch, it works fine, which is very strange… I’ll investigate later.

I have one question though: for those who have a wall thermostat, did you have to pair again the radiator valves to the thermostat? and factory reset both wall thermostat and radiator valve? because it seems my link is broken, and before doing a factory reset, I’d like to be sure it is necessary!

Also is there a complete reference of the MQTT commands available? I’ve the XML reference sheet but it’s not clear for me which are the MQTT topics to use…

edit: I found everything there https://doc.homegear.eu/homegear/communication_protocols.html#mqtt
and there https://ref.homegear.eu/device.html?directory=MAX!&file=BC-RT-TRX-CyN.xml&familyLink=max&name=BC-RT-TRX-CyN#affixSubsection0_0

Can someone tell me how long it takes once I open a window (Xiaomi sensors with an Zigbee stick on my raspberry), the radiators react and change the temperature for as long as the window is opened?

Because right now (with the standard firmware), the delay between opening and reacting is like 5-10 minutes, whereas with the original max! sensors, the reaction is immediately.

has anybody managed to change the schedule (times and temperature) through MQTT or REST protocol? so far I was only able to do it through homematic manager but that would be great to manage it directly in home assistant

I have make a autmation that turn off all automation if i set thermostat to manual. Also if I set auto on thermotat all automation turn ON. It work great for now :smiley:

- id: '1550598999708'
  alias: Kuhinja 21:00 10C
  trigger:
  - at: '21:00'
platform: time
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
  entity_id: climate.oeq1445313
  temperature: '10'
service: climate.set_temperature
- id: '1550599126420'
  alias: KUHINJA 23:00 10C
  trigger:
  - at: '23:00'
platform: time
  action:
  - data:
  entity_id: climate.oeq1445313
  temperature: '10'
service: climate.set_temperature
- id: '1550599227835'
  alias: Kuhinja auto
  trigger:
  - entity_id: sensor.setings4
platform: state
to: auto
  action:
  - data:
  entity_id: automation.kuhinja_21_00_10c
service: automation.turn_on
  - data:
  entity_id: automation.kuhinja_23_00_10c
service: automation.turn_on
- id: '1550599286982'
  alias: Kuhinja manual
  trigger:
  - entity_id: sensor.setings4
platform: state
to: manual
  action:
  - data:
  entity_id: automation.kuhinja_23_00_10c
service: automation.turn_off
  - data:
  entity_id: automation.kuhinja_21_00_10c
service: automation.turn_off

I have an issue with my flashed cube: I had an unexpected reboot of the raspberry pi on which homegear is installed (different of the hole assistant one)
Since then homegear is not working (loop at startup) with MQTT activated and the cube does not appear in homegear anymore.
I’ve tried to reinstall completely homegear, also on a different Pi, either with complete distribution or Docker install, I still have the issue…
I’m considering flashing the Cube again, but I’m really confused since it was a homegear issue, not a cube issue at the beginning… Any idea before o flash again? (I was thinking I was done with wasting time on that cube…!)

ok I think my cube is dead… it appears on the network, but impossible to see it through Homegear.
I tried a complete flash, but nothing different… And I tried with 2 brand new installs of Homegear on 2 different machines.